Thread: Anschutz 1417 .22LR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anschutz thumbhole carbine

I have had one of these for several years, and generally like it very much indeed. Problems I found were:

It was fussy as regards sound moderators. Don't know whether the concentricity of the threading on mine is a little out, but I've eventually settled on a steel Parker Hale. Not the quietest, but then neither is the rifle due to the short barrel. It does produce the best accuracy, though.

I was always used to never cleaning a rimfire, and it didnt seem to to make much difference. Not so with this one. A good clean produces staggering accuracy with Eley subs, probably for 100rds or so. Use it frequently to 100 yds or so. Very few bunnies get away.

The bolt is a pain. It is so easy to inadvertently lift it up, and it then won't fire. Stripping the bolt is easy, but getting it back together again so it goes back into the rifle isn't. I was shooting a gallery rifle comp with it at Bisley, when the bolt sort of undone itself after a misfire during a timed sequence. Managed to reassemble it -just.

Never had a problem with ejection. Only have 10 rd mags- always load with 9.
    I glasspapered the stock where it had become shiny due to use/skin contact, then oiled it. Came out a nice light matt finish- much better than the varnish..

It is the best rimfire for vehicle use due to the length. Also, with a lamp mounted, the thumbhole is less of a strain on the wrist when you scan at night.

I love my Anschutz.. and to prove it... heres a pic of my bruno and my anschutz together... the bruno.. is the one without the sound mod on.. but there both great!!!!

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2...t003xo0.th.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jonrms View Post
    I love my Anschutz.. and to prove it... heres a pic of my bruno and my anschutz together... the bruno.. is the one without the sound mod on.. but there both great!!!!

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2...t003xo0.th.jpg
    Could you please post a bigger pic? I'd like a better look (nice rifles!).
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. MH View Post
    Could you please post a bigger pic? I'd like a better look (nice rifles!).
    PM me your address and I will send them to you....

I cant do it on here for some reason..... it always shows up as too big of file... and I am clueless of how to shrink them... so email is great.. or anyone else who knows how.. pm me... i will email the pic to you..

anschutz carbine

heres a picture of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images