Thread: Any B/P/sub shooters out there hone their skills with an airpistol?

Any B/P/sub shooters out there hone their skills with an airpistol?

Recently dusted off my old Jumbo Rekord .177 and set up a 10m range in the garden to keep my eye in, any of you guy's shoot a humble airpistol to hone your shooting skills? Forgot what fun shooting in the garden can be hee heee.

I use an old BSA scorpion, weights a ton but good for working on that wobble when one handed shooting.

I also use a BB pistol for eye excercise. You reach 50 and your sight starts playing trick so you gotta excercise it.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Smile Me, too!

Quote Originally Posted by john paul View Post
    Recently dusted off my old Jumbo Rekord .177 and set up a 10m range in the garden to keep my eye in, any of you guy's shoot a humble airpistol to hone your shooting skills? Forgot what fun shooting in the garden can be hee heee.
    Yes, mate, I also enjoy backyard plinking with an air pistol. Also, just can't get to the range as frequently as I like. I don't own any BP pistols, but do enjoy the occasional range session with a cartridge pistol.

When I retire, my dream is to live somewhere rural enough that I can fire a BP gun on my own property! You can't do so on an indoor range , and lots of places object to the smoke.

Then again, I do fire BP cannon: but, that's another story!

Cheers,

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

We fire m/l indoors at my club Jim. We can only get the six shots off in the same time the .22 rifles fire 20 shots at 2 targets because we have to wait between every 2 shots so the smoke can be cleared.

There are some massive fans drawing air through the range but it is possible to have 2 at a time with m/l. The range has only got 4 tubes that we shoot down.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane