Thread: New Gun On It's Way

Talking New Gun On It's Way

I have just ordered my new HFT gun and I can't wait for it to arrive. It's a new BSA Hornet Carbine in .177.
    I have also ordered a Nikko Stirling Gold Crown 8x42, mounts and a tin of AA Field, all for £320 including postage & packaging.
    I should be set up for the new HFT season. I already have a Logun silencer on another gun which will fit, or I might buy one of the Manders(?) silencers for £20 ish as total sound reduction doesn't matter too much for target shooting.
    Does anyone have any experiences of these silencers?
    I already have a Edgar Bros. Opti-Mate 5-20x50 scope and was going to use this for HFT, but I am concerned that the parallax/eye relief/what mag etc might be too confusing for someone new to the sport like me. I think if I re-parallax the 8x42 for 25-30 yards, it will remove a lot of the confusion about mag etc.
    I am hoping for some hints, tips and input from you experienced shooters out there, as to what scope might be best out of the two mentioned, and parallax and zero ranges to start with.
    Many Thanks in advance, and see you all at Plymouth.
    John

Koz Guest
    You can try your hand at the Pre Season Shoot.

Link to the thread in this Section

Thanks for the link and answering my questions on the other sites, Koz.
    You got me thinking about the scope quite a bit. The N/S 8x42 I ordered is only £30, so I will see which one I prefer for HFT and put the other on another gun.
    I will check my diary and see if I can get to Quarry.
    Love this HFT. I think I've got the bug!
    John

Koz Guest
    Love this HFT. I think I've got the bug!
    Abandon all hope.

Micky Spillane Guest
    Jhonny
    I got a Manders silencer with my RWS Excalibre It's not brilliant , but for it's size it has a good effect, a moderatorrather than a silencer. The nice thing about it is that it is so unobtrusive. It doesn't spoil the line of a classic gun
    It should suit HFT perfectly
    Shoot safe Micky Spillane