Thread: Values Wanted

Smile Values Wanted

Hi collectors
    Brittania queries prompted me to dig out the Britannia .177 that I have had for over 25 years. When first bought it from Hugh of Pax airguns it was in its original state and working, it could be fired with two different velocities adjusted by a screw adjustment. It is complete, less a butt plate screw, The rifle is renovated with a new leather washer from John Knibbs. It has a ' Rd or RP ? 394207' stamped on one side near the trigger guard above that on the cylinder is 770 also 770 below the sight and in 1 or 2 other places inscribed 'cox's patents C.G. BONEHILL SOLE MANUFACTURER ' on the same side it has 'THE BRITANNIA' and a picture of Brittania wearing a helmet and holding a spear. I visited Hugh at Pax Airguns recently and when I told him the price I was considering selling it for, he said it was underpriced , so if the guy who said he was acting as a go between for some one who was interested reads this ? he should pass on that the price has to be renegotiated In the past my prices have been such that the wife accuses me of not wanting to sell but I insist that I will sell for what I feel is right. At present my Britannia is in pieces because I have forgotten what order the piston and trigger are re-assembled any help would be appreciated plus any information about value of a Brittania air rifle, or the other one that I think is a Quackenbush, all markings on it have long gone, in some places you can see that it was probably nickle plated, value would be appreciated They can be viewed on www.picturetrail.com/abewilson
    regards
    abewilson.
    'The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens'

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    I paid £300 for mine.
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Britannia

Thanks Paddy SP

About the price I paid for mine 25 years ago
    abewilson.

'The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens'