Thread: Maccari Tar substitute???

Mark A Guest

Maccari Tar substitute???

Hi,

I was browsing the Axminster power tool site and found this product. For high loads and reduces vibration, would this be a good grease for mainsprings?. Also i noticed it says soap thickened (whatever that means) and molydbenum based, on the maccari site it also says his heavy tar is soap thickened, could it be the same stuff?.

mark

cpharrboy Guest
    Its for noisy springs that have alot of TWWAAAAAANG! Its not for lower powered springs as it would make them even weaker by being too thick. It is meant to be used in place of moly and I think it does have some in it. Here is Maccaris site and the page that shows the tars that he sells.
    Maccari Lubes including tar

Mark A Guest
    I've had a look at the Maccari site. What i was asking was is the rocol heavy load grease sold at axminster tools the same stuff?. If so its £9 for 400g = a life time supply plus the maccari tar is'nt available in Britain. Also it can be used on sub 12ft/lb guns sparingly and reduces the twang and makes the gun shoot alot smoother.

Mark

Mark A Guest
    Any engineers or chemists out there who can shed light on wether this grease is similar to the Maccari tar?.

Mark