Thread: Wanted Any Information On Bsa Air Rifles Up Until 1945 That Is Not In Knibbs Books

Wanted Any Information On Bsa Air Rifles Up Until 1945 That Is Not In Knibbs Books

As there are so many knowledgable collectors on here,

I would like to start a thread recording any information / gossip on Bsa and Lincoln Jeffries Air Rifles up to 1945 that is not mentioned in John Knibbs excellent books.

Could be to do with amusing or historical anecdotes, pics of your own rifles, technical specifications, model variations, factory hybrids, advertising, packaging, the dealerships, rifles exported abroad, recollections of people who worked in the factory, pictures of the factory, bell target, cadet use, old Bsa gundealers, passing mentions in literature and novels, modern replicas of prototypes - Anything really.

Regards Morgan

As a first post,

Heres an old postcard from the 1920's of a cottage interior with a straight hand stock pre 1914 Bsa / Lincoln Jeffries type rifle hanging over the hearth. Seems like perfect decor to me !

Regards Morgan[IMG]

Here's some pictures of two magnificent prototype Bsa, Lincoln air rifles, that I've just recieved via email. These are hand made in modern times from the original patent drawings.
    I will leave the BBS member who made these anonymous, just in case he is modest !

"Hi, I have attached photo's of two airrifles that I made some time ago from the original patent drawings. One is a BSA underlever with double action cocking the other is a Lincoln Jefferies with the cylinder under the barrel ala Webley"

Wow.......
    Last edited by silva; 25-06-2007 at 06:17 PM.

heres some pics of Vintage Bsa's from around the globe.

From New Zealand a superb condition, late Bsa Improved model D with a no.21 aperture sight fitted on the stock and also a very rare Juvenile pattern.

From Australia a Bsa Junior, another very rare and desirable youths rifle.

A fine old Canadian Improved model D with the factory no. 12 aperture sight in the triggerblock

A British Bsa Military Pattern air rifle

Best Regards Morgan
    Last edited by silva; 01-07-2007 at 08:54 PM.