Thread: Diana G79

Diana G79

Is the Milbro/Diana G79 collectable? It has the Diana badge in the stock.
    Got it in the early/mid 1970s and hasn't had much use, so it's in cracking nick - I can post pictures if required.
    It's a .22.
    What sort of price should I be lookng for if I decide to sell?

Thanks
    Jonathan

Any ideas.... anybody?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by aqph26 View Post
    Is the Milbro/Diana G79 collectable? It has the Diana badge in the stock.
    Got it in the early/mid 1970s and hasn't had much use, so it's in cracking nick - I can post pictures if required.
    It's a .22.
    What sort of price should I be looking for if I decide to sell?

Thanks
    Jonathan
    Hi Jonathan, and welcome to the BBS and Collectors Corner. Yes, in certain quarters the Diana Series 70 Model 79 (G79) you have is collectable, as in my opinion -- and many others -- the Milbro Diana range of rifles are as intrinsically important to the history and story of British air gunning as both Webley and BSA .

The Model G79 was the deluxe version of the G78 (the G79 stock had a slightly more prominent cheek comb and a vented rubber recoil butt-pad over the G78 which had a plain wooden butt), and was introduced in 1972. Production of the G79 continued right up until 1977 when it was replaced by the G80, which was produced until the Millard brothers (Milbro) ceased production of all Diana rifles at their plant in Motherwell, Lanarkshire, Scotland, in 1982.

Although probably equally as rare as some of the allegedly more collectable Webley and BSA air guns that abound (of which I've around 30 ), Milbro Dianas do not command such good prices or quick conclusions to sales however, although that notwithstanding, when I managed to locate and buy a mint boxed Milbro Diana Series 70 Model 71 (the Holy Grail of all Milbro Dianas ) earlier this year, I was more than made up .

Poor to average cosmetic condition G79 and G80 air rifles that still shoot realise in the region of £35 +/- (inc. std post), fair/average to good cosmetic condition shooters £50 +/- (inc. std post), good to very good condition shooters £65 +/- (inc. std post), and very good to mint examples that shoot should achieve upwards of £75 (again inc. std post), and for any of the aforementioned that come with an original and not too tatty Milbro box, ad an extra £10 and rising, depending on the upward condition of said box.

Non-shooters and basket cases only really have an attraction to spares hunters here unfortunately, and if a buyer for such can be found, doubt you would ever be looking at achieving anything over £25 posted, unless with an original box and/or with a surprisingly good condition stock (hope this all helps ). ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.