Thread: Advice please (scope zeroing)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pc Guest

Advice please (scope zeroing)

Bought a Nikko Gold Crown 3-9 x 42 scope with parallax adjustment of the other day, for what I thought was a fairly good price (£45).

Problem is, that when I tried to zero it at a 10 m distance, the windage adjustment had to be adjusted to the extreme left to get central, and the limit of the elevation adjustment leaves the gun shooting about 6'' high at this distance. The scope/ mounts look as if there sitting ok, and the centre of the cross hairs do move by adjusting the turrets, the problem is as I say, just getting a zero

Without wanting to sound too thick, and contact the seller prematurely, is the scope broken, or am I missing some crucial point?

Any advice greatfully received.

maxis500 Guest
    Are you sure the scope is mounted correctly? Is there any way you can check with diferent mounts, rifle, swapping mounts around etc. Some more details on rifle you have the scope on, and make of mounts would help too.

Has the rifle had other scopes on previously? Has it performed o.k. Go through these steps before assuming it is the scope. That said, it could well be.

Unhappy are you sure you

have the scope mounted correctly, sounds like it is 90deg out to me . been there, done that

I had a similar problem when mounting an AGS elite tactical on my Webley Tracker the other day. I got right to the max adjustment on the elevation and it was still shooting a good 6" high at 10m. It took a good 5 minutes for me to realise that the numpties at AGS had labelled the up/down on the turret **** about face...lol

All zeroed in no problem after sussing that out.

Cheers

Clive

pc Guest
    Cheers guys, sounds like you've sorted this one for me. Will check out tonight and let you know outcome.

Peter