Thread: bowkett Springer

bowkett Springer

I've got the opportunity to own one... What are peoples thoughts... Thanks Alex

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    It depends on what make and model of Bowkett springer it is, and the price! Generally his stuff is very desirable
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

oh its to shoot and not to collect.... I just wondered what the firing cycle is like... its an hw35.... How his tunes compared to a Lazerglide...

Alex
    Last edited by albrown; 01-07-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by albrown View Post
    oh its to shoot and not to collect.... I just wondered what the firing cycle is like... its an hw35.... How his tunes compared to a Lazerglide...

Alex
    Alex I have a couple of Bowkett tuned springers. I couldn't describe the firing cycle in technical terms or compare it to Lazerglide but my impression is that both rifles are lovely to shoot, with a fast 'click' type sound on firing that you get in a tuned gun, twang-free and with minimal recoil.

My impression of the piston head mod is that the O ring piston seal is not quite as robust as the standard seal.

HTH
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Cheers Garvin,

How is the FWB?... Let me know when its sorted

I didn't think I would be getting a springer again to be honest. But I have been offered this and it hasn't been meddled with since it was worked on by Bowkett. I have always wanted a Bowkett springer, but not to put on the wall. I don't know what was done to it...

ALex

Quote Originally Posted by albrown View Post
    Cheers Garvin,

How is the FWB?... Let me know when its sorted

I didn't think I would be getting a springer again to be honest. But I have been offered this and it hasn't been meddled with since it was worked on by Bowkett. I have always wanted a Bowkett springer, but not to put on the wall. I don't know what was done to it...

ALex
    If you can afford it then get it, he won't be doing any more.......

I have one of his 12ftlb Meteors and would love an Airsporter that he'd modified.

Rich
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger