Thread: predom / walther / schimel

jonballs is offline born to shoot, shoot to hunt, hunt to eat

predom / walther / schimel

i`m after a predom pistol of a very cheap Walther lg 53 or ever a lg52
    also looking for a schimel,MODEL GP-22 or any other luger lookalikes working or not would also consider one of the plastic disk firing replicas from the fifties
    This is for a present for my dad as he had one years ago but i think i broke/lost it when i was young and i`m feeling guilty 30 plus years later

cheers
    jon
    jon barber

touch wood i`ve never had a bad sale on the bbs

hello Jon ,
    Re : Schimel ,
    seen a few of these for sale recently , not cheap though !!

Chris Johnson in Harrogate has one ( online shop has pics - £295 ouch !! )

Also , maybe on milweb / militaria sites .

Apparantly they are / were a bit HOT power wise is why they are a bit scarce , also superb build quality puts the price up .

Have a look at the modelguns website , in particular the Marushin Luger modelgun , a none shooter but cycles rounds and operates / strips / functions exactly as per real steel .

The nearest thing you can get to a real Luger short of a welded up paperweight deact . Provided you mind a none shooter .

As regards Walther LP 53 , those words and " cheap " rarely are found together ..unfortunately ..

Regards

CARL.
    " This , is MY safety "

jonballs is offline born to shoot, shoot to hunt, hunt to eat
    got to try for a cheap one though
    might be lucy then again i might win the lottery

cheers
    jon
    jon barber

touch wood i`ve never had a bad sale on the bbs

Lp53

Quote Originally Posted by jonballs View Post
    i`m after a predom pistol of a very cheap Walther lg 53 or ever a lg52
    also looking for a schimel,MODEL GP-22 or any other luger lookalikes working or not would also consider one of the plastic disk firing replicas from the fifties
    This is for a present for my dad as he had one years ago but i think i broke/lost it when i was young and i`m feeling guilty 30 plus years later

cheers
    jon
    Hi John
    I am assuming that you mean Walther LP53 (the one that featured in the James Bond films) There never was a LP52 despite what some experts say. No one has one and there is no published data re. LP52

I do have a LP53 for sale.
    It is one of the more desirable early ones with a duck bill receiver and adjustable trigger and brown grips (perfect/nochips or cracks)and blued not crinkle finish receiver
    It is accurate and powerful but I now own too many and a couple must go(one is spoken for)

Price is £115 posted

I can send you photos by e-mail if you wish
    The blacking on the barrel has turned grey with age/use, but the gun shoots very well
    I will chronograph it to check velocity and let you know figures if you are interested
    John
    hold me back !!

could be interested if the other guy drops out...
    what sort of power (in fps)
    could collect.

Lp53

Hi Lou
    Thanks for interest
    Jonballs has not come back to me yet
    I will give him another day and if no response then I will be in touch with you

There are quite a few of us at our club that shoot the LP53's and velocity seems to be similar to our Webleys 400 - 440 ft/sec with 7 grain pellets (they are all in .177)

Jonballs,

please get in touch or post if not interested
    Thanks
    John
    hold me back !!

Hi, there was a Schimel model P22 at auction recently, but it didnt make its reserve, of £140, probably because the description said that the action was at fault.(but the fault was not serious) anyway, i hope that is of help to you.
    Bazwong