Thread: Can you post an FAC rated air rifle?

Can you post an FAC rated air rifle?

If I have an FAC rated air rifle and I want it Bowketted can I use royal mail or another courier to send it (with appropriate insurance).

Or does it have to through an RFD and their special couriers. This could add quite a bit to an FAC tune.

And what happens to my FAC if it goes missing and never comes back?

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Yeah you have to keep it in a locked safe that only you have the key for.

BUT

You are asking if its ok to drop it off at the post office wrapped up in cardboard??!!
    Master Debater

Rfd

hi. i think one of the postal services is a RFD and they will pick it up from your home and compleat all the relevent paper work for you. sorry i cant remember which provider good luck m8

Quote Originally Posted by mitch66 View Post
    hi. i think one of the postal services is a RFD and they will pick it up from your home and compleat all the relevent paper work for you. sorry i cant remember which provider good luck m8
    Thanks, I don't yet have an FAC air rifle (just a few powder burners) it was more if I did have one (and it would be a S10) how easy is it to get to Mr Bowkett when it needs a service/tune.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Thanks, I don't yet have an FAC air rifle (just a few powder burners) it was more if I did have one (and it would be a S10) how easy is it to get to Mr Bowkett when it needs a service/tune.
    He's in Cambridgeshire I think, or I might be thinking of BTAS?.
    Drulov DU-10 Pistol .177
    Career 707 MKIII Carbine 22.
    Duk Il Arms Evanix Hunting Master AR6 22.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    If I have an FAC rated air rifle and I want it Bowketted can I use royal mail or another courier to send it (with appropriate insurance).

Or does it have to through an RFD and their special couriers. This could add quite a bit to an FAC tune.

And what happens to my FAC if it goes missing and never comes back?
    John Bowkett is an RFD so you could send it to him directly, using an approved carrier - Parcelforce are the easiest, has to be their 24 hour service.
    He can't send it back to you directly though, it'll have to go to your nearest RFD for you to pick up in person. It's all a bit of a pain really.

If it goes missing in transit then it's ultimately the couriers problem, although you would be advised to contact your licensing authority ASAP if anything goes wrong.
    Parcelforce are a bit notorious for 'losing' stuff, but they do tend to sit up and take notice when a firearm is involved. I remember one time a customers rifle hadn't been delivered to me and I phoned the depot to ask where it was. I got told " it's been delivered and signed for, nowt to do with us " - which was a blatant lie because the driver for my area knows me and is a good honest bloke.
    I explained this to the ignorant mong on the end of the phone and told him that the next person he would be discussing the matter with would be an armed policeman investigating the theft of a Section 1 firearm. About 2 minutes later they miraculously 'found' the parcel with the rifle in it. Baz has a similar tale, wouldn't surprise me if there were others.

Yep I had similar to M4, they couldnt be arsed to look for it as it was mid afternoon, so I explained that I was just going to ring Firearms HQ who will be down the depot in minutes rather than hours, none of the PF workers would be allowed home until their cars had been searched etc, as I droned on adding about home searches she interuppted me to say they had found it, in fact they were so "concerned" they sent a driver straight out with it

24hr Parcel Force is fine but avoid their std delivery
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/