Thread: What Do You Do With Your Excess Rabbits?

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Question What Do You Do With Your Excess Rabbits?

Im haveing a bit of a dilemma,on one of my shoots its bouncing with bunnys now the thing is,i hate haveing to dispatch anything if its not going to be used i only need a few rabbits etc to feed my hawk,and i have no more room in my freezer.i have started to give any excess bunnys to friends and relatives.but i think they might be getting a bit fed up with rabbit every other day so my question is this,if the bunnys present them selfs for the shot do you take it? knowing your at a loss what to do with there remains,or do you leave them to nibble another day? or take the shot and dispose of them in a bin? answers on a postcard please

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Rabbits

Find a friendly local butcher to take them off you, 50p to £1 seems about right depending on size.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Ferrets & dogs

My Spanial loves them, the cats also. Any left over that I don't want or is not for the dog two ferreting mates have.
    Very handy to have a large freezer.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

If

If I managed to shoot "an excess" I would probably give them to my local zoo. I am sure they would find a use for them in the aviaries - hawks, vultures, owls etc seem to be fed rabbit in their cages.

But unless I had a sack full I would not bother.

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    If you are shooting for pest/vermin control, you need to shoot them. The foxes/magpies won't see them go to waste.

Another thing you can do is what my mate does, he will remove the breast prom pigeons and cook it with some rabbit in the microwave, bang it in his kenwood blender (rabbit bones aswell but no internal organs) with a little chicken stock and he feeds his cats on it.

Cheap cat food and they love it, he says they will not move from the bowl until it is shiny clean!
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TARGETZERO View Post
    Im haveing a bit of a dilemma,on one of my shoots its bouncing with bunnys now the thing is,i hate haveing to dispatch anything if its not going to be used i only need a few rabbits etc to feed my hawk,and i have no more room in my freezer.i have started to give any excess bunnys to friends and relatives.but i think they might be getting a bit fed up with rabbit every other day so my question is this,if the bunnys present them selfs for the shot do you take it? knowing your at a loss what to do with there remains,or do you leave them to nibble another day? or take the shot and dispose of them in a bin? answers on a postcard please
    Hello Fella,
    If you've too many matey,i've got an 8ft freezer with a lot of room in it at the moment,(running low on food again)so if you want, i can take them off you to feed my 2 Harris's, Ferrets, Lurcher & Patterdale.
    Just give us a shout matey.
    Cheers,
    Ste Nug
    P.S. Only 5mins from Kirkby too.
    Last edited by field marshall; 03-07-2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: More Info added.
    stevie nugget

Ruger_shooter is offline Meadowlark Lemon's Personal Tailor
    Leave them for the foxes. I hope to get them at a later date!

I give most to my ferret, i keep meaning to eat them, but the ferret gets them usually on the account that the greedy b***er eats so much he won't eat dry food

As I have said in previous posts my snakes get all my rabbits, frozen from a pet shop they are £7 a pop, If you know anyone with reptiles ask them, otherwise you could put an add up.

If I get dry of bunnys in the freezer I give the local farmer £1 each for head shot bunnys, I take the ammo out and freeze them untill needed.
    Cheers
    Dan

I leave excess ones for other wildlife to get a good feed. A bonus is that any fox that come around in your absence might pop in a bit more frequently like... if your Fox enabled that is
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar