Thread: Webley Mk 1 Air Rifle - How Much To Pay For One ?

Webley Mk 1 Air Rifle - How Much To Pay For One ?

How much is a Webley Mark 1 air rifle worth. Not the Service, but the earlier first Mk 1 rifle Webley made.
    A chap I know has got one of these and is considering selling it.

I had a good look at it this evening and it is in very good order, with a tight action and a fair bit of original blue remaining and no pitting. All the markings are clear.
    Much of the original stock finish is still present, It has a tiny split in the stock (1 cm) and one of the barrel axis screws is a non original replacement. Otherwise it is in really nice shape and has never been potched with and obviously looked after over the years.

These are very nicely made, really dinky, true junior rifles and I have never handled one before - its very light and pointable.
    I quite fancy owning one, though don't think I will be able to afford to buy it, as I suspect they are quite valuable. And my economics seem in terminal decline at the moment.
    The gentleman hasn't decided on his price yet, though has indicated that it will be a fair bit of money.

Regards Morgan

The Webley Rifle.

Hello Morgan,

I’m still away , so I’ll let you know about the BSA break barrel later in the week.

Webley rifles – my opinion .

I have bought and sold good – ish ones for about the £5-600 mark.
    There was one of a trio of Webleys on here the other week , asking £1500 for the 3.
    Two Services @ £4-450 each , makes that one about £600.
    Having said that , without bragging , I have a really mint-ish one , that I wouldn’t sell for less that £900 .
    My thoughts are if the price is right , and you want it , buy it. There’s no pockets in shrouds.

Regards,

Nick

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    I'd have thought Nick was spot on - about £500-600 upwards, depending on condition...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    I'd have thought Nick was spot on - about £500-600 upwards, depending on condition...
    As he said.

If it's a low numbered 'Electro Etched' model with etching still visible, expect to pay a bit more than if it is a later 'Rolled' model.
    If you need a custom made gun slip for your Mk.1 rifle, 'Bacsew' are able to provide one, as I sent them a template and the resultant slip fits like a glove.

Hello ,

Who / what are " bacsew " , please ?

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Hello ,

Who / what are " bacsew " , please ?

Nick
    You should have a PM.

If it is any help the last Webley Mk 1 Air Rifle that I saw sold made 1200 pounds I think at Auction. It was in good above average condition, and there were about four collectors and two phone bidders bidding on it.
    I think they only made about 1500 of them in the mid to late twenties, so a very rare air rifle.
    Good luck .

Lakey

500 tops

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    500 tops
    Seen many for sale nice one?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Talking Dont miss out webley collectors

I am still celebrating my birthday Danny so don't miss out you have first refusal
    Webley Mk1

How much is it worth ? It is worth what some one is willing to pay for it as Garvin said some other collectors will at some time feel that they have missed a bargain. In November 1980, I still have the receipt from Pax airguns, I paid the sum of £575.00 for a Mk1 Webley air rifle, it was not mint and had 70% blueing since then it has not been fired, although it has lost some of the blueing

I cannot put a price on it so I would let the buyer do that by selling two service rifles with it WEBLEY SERVICE AIR RIFLE MK. I I CAL .22. pat no..371548…...S3938 = trigger and barrel 50% original blueing

WEBLEY SERVICE AIR RIFLE MK.11 .77 CAL pat. No 371546 ….Trigger = S5359…. Barrel = 13188 50% original blueing.
    Total Price for three rifles £1500.00

If I were the buyer I would have all the rifles dismantled and serviced, if I come into a few quid I would splash out and have them serviced and then the price would be adjusted accordingly

It’s my view that the Mk 1 is the ‘penny black ‘of the Webley range can any one tell me how I can tell if my Mk 1 rifle is ‘stamped’ or ‘etched’ ? This is a face to face deal to make sure you see what you get and to watch your face light up
    abewilson
    The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens

Quote Originally Posted by abewilson View Post
    can any one tell me how I can tell if my Mk 1 rifle is ‘stamped’ or ‘etched’ ?
    I'll pass on it for now thanks Abe.

Yours is one of the very last Mk1 rifles and is stamped, not etched.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    500 tops
    I guess from that, that you would only pay 500 quid for a really good one.

Best of luck in finding a good one for that money. I think you will have a long search.

Thats the problem with the collecting game in general,not just airguns.... Everybody knows of a cheaper one than the one you just bought, however when asked they can never remember where they saw it

Lakey

Question 3 webleys back under wraps

Garvin has refused my collection of 3 Webley's, ( by the way I also have Mk 3 and the Webley Hawk) to be honest I did breath a sigh of relief looks like I will have to find a auction house, to get its real value I am in no hurry Having owned it for almost 27 years a few months won't make any difference When I bought this rifle I was at the height of my wage earning life and could indulge in what I liked £575.00 was a lot of dosh in those days, some one some where will look back at this post and realise what they missed
    This Mk 1 air rifle serial No 1434 can seen on www.picturetrail.com/abewilson or in a Dennis E Hiller book 'A Collectors Guide to Air Rifles ' Ist and 2nd editions.
    thanks Danny for the info
    ATB
    abewilson
    'The Earth is but one country and mankind its citizens

Hello Folks,

Thank you for the replies and info. I don't think I will buying this one on £'s grounds.
    Though when I see the chap and he decides a price, will ask him if he wants me to pass on his details here.

Regards Morgan