Thread: Bsa

Bsa

hi i have a fairly old BSA .177 it was a childhood toy couldnt tel you the name off hand but its old! are these old rifles worth anything?

kieran

just found out that its a caddet
    Last edited by krwigan; 03-07-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: new info

Bsa

Hi mate, post a picy and/or some details (serial number, any markings on cylinder, dimensions ect) and I'm sure Lakey and Co will tell you!
    ATB, Paul.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!

Sadly the BSA Cadet and its bigger brother the BSA Cadet Major, don't seem to make the money that I think they are worth.

In top order they make a bit over the hundred pound mark, however on average most "Good" ones make around 60-75 pounds on average.

I feel they are worth far more than that and I also feel that no collection of airguns should be complete without one of each However some may consider me a bit biased
    In any event top guns that were ahead of their time, and most still perform flawlessly nearly 50 years after they were last made. They were one of the last guns to be made solely out of wood,steel and leather only, and the main reason that BSA stopped making them was due to cost of manufacture. Most bits were made from heavy forgings or machined from solid steel,and no plastic or alloy came anywhere near them. 100% quality throughout..... Magic!!

All the best

Lakey

hmmm intresting think ill hang on to it as its in v poor condition and wouldnt be worth anything. does anyone know if a caddet could be used to hunt?
    Last edited by krwigan; 03-07-2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: because eggs are eggs!