Thread: Titan rifle

Titan rifle

I have been offered one but found loading it was not easy
    It just seemed so much bl**dy effort compared with cocking a break barrel or underlever spring air rifle

Does anyone own one and if so are these good looking but obviously flawed rifles worth having other than for the novelty aspect.
    Were any truthful tests published?
    And is there a knack to cocking it without inducing a heart attack,torn shoulder ligaments or losing your finger ends (or am I just getting old)?

Thanks
    John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 13-07-2007 at 11:45 AM.
    hold me back !!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi John,

I had a walnut Titan MC20 (at least that's what my memory remembers it being called) in .22 a few years back, which after a service by Falcon (as Titan became after going bust, and Falcon now being owned by Air Arms after going skint for a second time ) worked very well indeed. Ended up selling it to a particularly nice guy in America for his own private collection for £225 plus shipping. Said Titan MC20 had such a lovely drop of walnut for the stock, and was such fun to shoot once I got used to the double bolt affair (a real novelty value like the current FN19 ), that the moment it went off in postie's van I was full of regret. Went out and bought a walnut Webley Venom Viper straight after however, which managed to cheer me up no end .

Atvb: Gareth.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 03-07-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: to ad price mine sold for in case a comparison is needed.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Is the single stroke Titan air rifle collectable or is it considered a monster?

<snipped>

Thanks
    John
    Hello John,

I'm using a Titan Mohawk at the moment for hunting.
    I personally find it accurate, quiet and a good gun for my purposes.
    I am having difficulty finding any information anywhere on the net. If you search the forums I've posted a few bits relating to the Titan Mohawk including a review in the reviews section http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203696

Hope this helps
    Regards
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    I have a Titan Mohawk too - lovely guns, but a bit outdated these days. They're great if you want a recoil-free gun, but don't want the hassle of carrying diving bottles or pumps around!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Titan

Hi fellas
    Thanks for the replies

Is the Mohawk the big single stroke side lever pneumatic, and if so then what was the JB1

What would be a fair price to pay for the pneumatic in excellent condition and are parts still available (such as seals)

Thanks
    John
    hold me back !!

The mohawk came after the JB1, because the JB1 was either too compicated or expensive to make. I cannot remember which. The JB1 is the better gun. In my opinion... But then again that why I have one... But its a special one in anycase

Don't pay anymore than £250. You will find that you don't use it that much.

ALex

Titan

Many thanks Alex

John
    hold me back !!

Titan

After doing a bit of research in old AGW and AG articles, I went ahead and bought one. It is in mint condition (.177) and I have now mastered the art of cocking it.

The article that I read explained the cocking sequence and the fact that the bolt at the rear of the action doubles as a safety as well as setting the trigger mechanism

The rifle is very accurate but I would not agree with the authors of the published articles that cocking the rifle was no more difficult than cocking the various single stroke match rifles available

The rifle has the Titan stickers on but there is no indication as to whether it is a JB1 or a Mohawk
    Could anyone tell me what the differences are in the two models and whether the optional barrels are still available
    Thanks
    John
    hold me back !!

If you have a bolt then its a Mohawk...

Titan

Quote Originally Posted by albrown View Post
    If you have a bolt then its a Mohawk...
    many thanks
    John
    hold me back !!