Thread: Original No.5 Pistol .177

Original No.5 Pistol .177

My girlfriends dad gave me an .177 Original No.5 pistol at the weekend and I was curious as to what it might be worth.

It is in its box in the original plastic bag with the lid and instructions and small foam insert.

It is date stamped 03/78 and is in amazing condition with just a couple of marks on the bottom of the brown plastic stock where it looks like it was rested on something for a shot.

It also has 3 tins of pellets in the box and 2 boxes of felt cleaning pellets. god knows how old they are presumably as old as the pistol.

1 tin of 500 Eley match, 1 tin 500 Diablo Z S and one tin that is still sealed of 500 H+N Match. The is one box of .177 and one of .22 felt cleaning pellets made by Discofelt with a price sticker of 0.99p on one of them. (Cost £3.50 now)

The pistol is in perfect working order and amazing condition with no rust at 29 years old!!!

Its not for sale but I would like to know how collectable these pistols are and how much it could be worth.

Pictures are available if you want.

Regards,

Simon.

Smile auction

Hi, i can tell you that 4 have sold, recently at auctions, and 2 of them made £35 each, and the other 2 made £45 each, but all these were without original boxes, which makes a difference.
    I would say that the value of yours is £60 to £80.
    Hope you find this info useful.
    Bazwong

Original5

Hi Simon

I have seen a couple sell for £45 and £50 that were in very average condition
    They are an under-rated pistol
    A friend of mine has one and it shoots very well. It has a good trigger and gives good groups at up to 20 yards

Yours sounds like a particularly nice example and I would agree with the above valuation but towards the £80 mark

A collector may pay more for a mint example

John
    hold me back !!

Thanks for the reply.

The pistol despite being 29 years old is in quite extraordinary condition and does group surprisingly well.

Even if it was worth a couple of hundred quid I still wouldnt sell it.

Keep it and shoot it as they are quality pistols that make shooting a pleasure.
    Prices for very good ones was £120 but as a quantity of Original 6M and 10 have hit the market and sold for under £150 the Original 5 has dropped below the £100 mark. The 6M and 10's are the higher target system brothers of yours and should have a higher value. All of them are fine pistols and are a bargan even though they cannot compete at competition at the higher levels.
    Enjoy.