Thread: questions

dog man Guest

questions

ive got a muzzel loading 8 bore, and have a few questions, im using black at the moment through it but also have some pyrodex, is it the same weight as black? also when cleaning it the plug doesnt come out do iv got to pour the water down the barrel and through drain it through the nipple would it be ok to use the black powder solvent in the same way? ive got a brush with a mop and also put a cloth down is this the best way to do it? once i cleaned the barrel i blow the nipple clean with a pumpis how ive been going about it ok? cheers .

Measure the pyrodex by volume, same as the blackpowder charge.
    I use neat windscreenwasher fluid to clean my smoothbore musket. With the barrel off and the nipple out and the breech end immersed in washer fluid I pump it up and down the barrel with a patch on a cleaning rod, then dry with a paper towel on the rod. This gets it very clean and the washer fluid evaporates quickly.
    Daz

We covered volumetric measures here

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196729
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane