Thread: Maybe selling my Airsporter S?

Whippet Guest

Maybe selling my Airsporter S?

Hi folks;
    I'm not sure if the rifle I'm looking to sell is even collectable yet, but I've heard noises to the affirmative so I thought I'd better get some input from the experts. I'm working away in Belfast at the moment so I don't have the thing handy but it's a BSA Airsporter S which I bought with the original sights removed. It's in good condition mechanically and I've re-blued the main body with G96 becuase the original finish was pretty tatty. I suppose the results I got were pretty good but there's only so far you can go with cold-bluing at home!

Anyway, any ideas on it's value? It's got a brand-new standard weight spring from Chambers and Co, and the proper set-back scope mount they advised to keep that good ol' BSA "Spang!" recoil from knocking the Hawke scope out of whack. I'll be looking to sell it one way or the other in about a month or so, in which case I'l post a proper ad with pictures and a serial no. and so on. But if anyone's interested at this early stage feel free to PM me!

Cheers!

Hen

Airsporter S

Hi Hen

Is the rifle a .177 calibre. The smaller calibre is rarer and worth more than the .22
    Also is the metal work pitted or could it be easily restored to its former glory by polishing and hot bluing

John
    hold me back !!

Whippet Guest
    It's a .22 I'm afraid. I imagine the .177 would be a great gun, all that punch through such a tiny barrel! The metalwork's in great shape, I polished the barrel and compression chamber up a treat. Hot bluing would bring it out in perfect condition.

Hope that helps!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippet View Post
    It's a .22 I'm afraid. I imagine the .177 would be a great gun, all that punch through such a tiny barrel! The metalwork's in great shape, I polished the barrel and compression chamber up a treat. Hot bluing would bring it out in perfect condition.

Hope that helps!
    Hi Whippet, there is a guy on here at the moment who is thinking of buying an Airsporter-S, so I have copied a link to his thread for you below. Be careful of creating and entering your own 'Ground Hog' day scenario though, as have posted a link to this thread on his thread too . Atvb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.