Thread: Airsporter S question...

Airsporter S question...

...a date and Mark number for an Airsporter S in .22

It was bought from a school friend for the princely sum of £45, I think they retailed at my local sports shop for around £120?. He sold it to me because he'd nearly took his nose clean off his face while cocking it, something I was very carefull not to do. I can still see the split in his nostril, stiches and all. He seemed not sure of selling it, even after facial modification without anesthetics The year was 1988.

It was a really nice gun, walnut stock and a thicker diameter barrel compared to standard. I found this out buying a moderator for it, only to get home and it was nowhere near a fit....

Can't remember exactly what happened to it, but I think I favoured me webley tracker at the time.
    I'd like another, it's the back of the action that apes a shotgun that still really appeals to me
    Bowkett tuned, moderated and tricked out BSA S10 BBK

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskar View Post
    ...a date and Mark number for an Airsporter S in .22

It was bought from a school friend for the princely sum of £45, I think they retailed at my local sports shop for around £120?. He sold it to me because he'd nearly took his nose clean off his face while cocking it, something I was very carefull not to do. I can still see the split in his nostril, stiches and all. He seemed not sure of selling it, even after facial modification without anesthetics The year was 1988.

It was a really nice gun, walnut stock and a thicker diameter barrel compared to standard. I found this out buying a moderator for it, only to get home and it was nowhere near a fit....

Can't remember exactly what happened to it, but I think I favoured me webley tracker at the time.
    I'd like another, it's the back of the action that apes a shotgun that still really appeals to me
    Hi Fiskar, all the Airsporters have the same shotgun style pistol block shape, as indeed do all the Mercury rifles (break-barrel versions of the Airsporter), which is possibly why they remained so popular for so long . The Airsporter-S came in both a Series One version (open stock end by cocking under-lever), a Series Two version (closed stock end by cocking under-lever), and as a carbine. There was also a Series One and a Series Two Mercury-S range of rifles. I've had several of each and have to say they are lovely to own and shoot, but being a recent RB-2 Stutzen Airsporter convertee due to the two-pronged attack of Paddy SP and NortonAMC (cheers guys ), said Stutzens are now my joint favourite Airsporter model along with the MkI (which Baz converted me to earlier this year too ). Anyway, there is a guy on here at the moment who is thinking of selling his Airsporter-S and I have copied a link to his thread for you below (just click on it to open) Be careful of creating and entering your own 'Ground Hog' day scenario though, as have posted a link to this thread on that thread too . Atvb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

a Gent'

Much obliged Gareth
    Bowkett tuned, moderated and tricked out BSA S10 BBK