Thread: Tomahawk

Marianillo Guest

Tomahawk

I have a FAC .177 Webley Tomahawk. A few days ago the barrel slipped from my hand when cocking it and now the barrel is visibly bent upwards.
    I´m looking for a replacement barrel right now.
    I also own a Webley Stingray deluxe carabine that has a very short barrel with a little muzzlebreak. I added a long Venom silencer to it and the lenght of the rifle is very adecuate and the balance is preety good.
    I wonder if there is a short barrel like the one on the Stingray that can be installed on the Tomahawk. Do you know if such a thing is available? If so, where?.
    Thanks gouys in advance.

Tomahawkss Guest
    Webley did do a carbine version of the Tommy as on my Venom one, so I would suggest a call either to Vemom or Webley. I do believe that bent barrel may be straightened.
    regards Andy

There are a lot of companies that straighten the front forks on motorbikes, I would think they could help you. Try a Google search, or just ask in your local m.bike shop for a company near you.

Other wise there is the "put it ina vice and do it yourself" technique as demonstrated in AGW a couple of years ago. This sounds like a joke, but will probably work just fine - what have you got to loose ?

Roll the barrel in a flat surface and with masking tape note the location and direction of the bend, and it's just common sence from there.

Gren.

Marianillo Guest
    Thanks TomahawsSS. I´ll call Venom to see what they have.

Gren, I´ll try that too. I think that buying this think in .177 wasn´t a good idea from the beggining, but lost for lost I can try to straghten it up menawhile I get the .22. Thanks.
    Cheers.

Isn't a short barrel Tomahawk the Longbow?

byhsu Guest
    i hear the longbow was the carbine version of the tomahawk. but is best to check with webley to see if it will fit.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Longbow has a shorter stroke than the tommy (and also a shorter cylinder IIRC ?)

Marianillo, you have mail. I have a cunning plan for you to get a brand new 0.22 Venom bull-barrell at a reduced cost

Gren.