Thread: hw 97

hw 97

Hi all is it possible to buy just the v mach spring and any idea on cost. cheers worz

Yeah you can buy the spring from Blackpool air rifles for about £25

Yep,

You can buy he spring by itself. BAR, as above, or also direct from V-Mach. Just google up the site. You can ring Steve direct.
    For that extra bit of refinement, unless you have a lathe and can turn up your own guides, push the budget a little further and ask Steve to do you a spring with matching guide and top hat. Whilst you're at it, go for the piston sleeve as well.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

hw 97

Thanks for the input guys ,this is not my rifle it was given to me to check power its only doing 9.5 ftp ,the rifle is only six months old .The bloke dosent want to spend to much so i thought a v mach spring would sort it cheers worz

Hi Worz,

9.5 ft.lbs, although entirely usable, is very low for a 97.
    Many comment that they're sailing too close to the limit for comfort and have to tame them down a little.
    A very cheap and easy to attend to culprit may be the breech seal.
    It's such a cheap, quick fix, so get that done first. If it's still well down, I'd say the piston seal would be the next culprit to look at, as I would doubt that this sort of power output would be down to a tired spring....some have HW77s that are yonks old and on their original springs and still performing admirably. Although I have not witnessed this myself, I have read reports of the new style piston seal wearing out prematurely, due to dieselling.
    It may be that the spring was chopped down a little too enthusiastically, so a replacement spring, or some added preload via the use of spacers may well restore the power.

Of course, if your friend has a little budget to throw at it, fitting a V-Mach kit would be the ideal.
    It would transform the standard rifle from something that's very, very good and very accurate to an amazingly refined, smooth, twang and vibration-free shooting experience. The kit comes with the spring complete with properly fitting and matching guide and top hat, piston sleeve, power adjustment spacers (use as required), the very excellent and slippery V-Mach grease, V-Mach moly oil, full instructions and the back up of one of the very finest tuners in the business. If going for a kit, ask Steve to also send you a breech seal. Then you have every base covered.

If you just want to bring the power up, I'd go (1) Breech seal, (2) Piston seal, (3) Preload spacers. The very act of stripping, cleaning and re-lubing may well find a foot pound.

However, if your friend has the budget, as above, go for the kit for a super smooth, amazingly refined rifle.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

hw 97

Cheers tony, will take your coments onboard .To be honest wished id never handled it i want one now a lovely piece of kit regards worz

Oh yes, indeed they are!

Therefore DO NOT fit the V-Mach kit (or other well matched and designed kit), as the improved firing manners will REALLY do your head in then!