Thread: Logun mk2

Logun mk2

Hi guys.

I'm new to the bbs, Could any of you please give me your opinions on the Logun mk2.

I'm thinking of buying one but i only know what i've read in ag and agw and from what i've read on here they tend to be somewhat biased when it comes to reviews.

I've got a fenman at the moment but i am looking to upgrade to pcp. I want a really good piece of kit but i just dont know what to choose

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Cheers

Mark

- Firstly, what are you going to be using the kit for?
    - Whats your budget?
    - Have you got another scope or are you looking to buy one?

Dave
    They said you can't polish sh*t.. well mine's chrome plated

Oh, and WELCOME!!!

Hi there and Welcome to the BBS.

I have got The Logun Axsor .177, This is a fantastic rifle, its a lovely weight and balance. Its an 8 shot rotary mag PCP and mine oozes quality.

I upgraded about 6 months ago to this from my trusty TX200 MK2 in .177 and I have never looked back. I get about 60 full power shots per charge and its a great super accurate gun and lots cheaper than the MK II PRO!!!

Good luck

TP

Karlos Guest
    Dave's right asking what you want it for. There is a lot to be said for getting the best you can get, but if you just want to plink with it, you are over spec-ing (Is that a real word Bob?)

There are better rifles around for similar money, that said a sorted Logun is a joy to shoot. The cocking cycle is great and provided you use the recommended ammo and stay away from damaged pellets you should be ok.

I have always fancied one of these but don't like the price tag. This is a major purchase and you should definately try one before you spend this amount of redies

thanks for your replys.The rifle will be used for hunting, budget £2k and im going to buy a new scope aswell,thinking of a weaver v 3-9x50 or wtc 3-10x50 i want a rifle thats reliable, accurate and with good build quality.

Thanks again

You could get an MFR, Rapid MKII or Daystate MK3 for justabout the same price as that LOGUN MKII..!

Karlos Guest
    For hunting mate you would have to go a long long way to beat the MKII Rapid. The weaver is a great scope I have the V24 on my s410. Also consider the V16 Weaver

hillbill

I use my mentioned Logun Axsor .177 solely for hunting and get on great, a lovely weight for lugging around the countryside. I use a Hawke 3-9x50 IR on it. I love it, see if you can try one out sometime.

TP

Dave....Do you rate the MFR, Rapid mk2, and the Daystate mk3 as being better rifles for the money or are you just giving me alternative choices. What is your opinion of the logun??????

I just Luuuuuurve mine to bits
    Last edited by bushwacker; 21-02-2004 at 08:31 AM.
    Knowledge Dispel's Fear

In .22 calibre with a NS156 NV

Knowledge Dispel's Fear

Kev. (Cambs.) Guest
    2-years ago had a MK1 Logun Rifle in.177, very nice rifle, well balanced and nice to handle (good looker too), but got used more and more for hunting.

Decided I wanted/needed a .22, so px'd it for a Mk2 Rapid. As a hunting tool I don't think that the Rapid can be beaten, plenty of shots, more accurate than I am

I liked the Logun, but for use as a hunting tool I'd suggest trying other rifles before making a purchase.