Thread: A few questions

Chris R Guest

A few questions

Has anyone got camoclad on their guns. Is it hard to put on and if you stick a bit wrong can you take it off and stick it again???
    Do they do kits already cut to the shape of an air rifle???

Does anyone have a squirrel caller. Do these work well and how long does it take a squirrel to come out when you use it???

Also when i set my decoys out i put them in an arc facing the wind, but some of the pigeons land right out in front of the decoys on their own, or behind, and others land in the right place in-between them. Does anyone know why they might be doing this???

Chris R Guest

Question

Does anyone know the answer to any of these questions???

Tim1 Guest
    Squirrel call

I use the Buck Gardner call from Attleborough

IMO it does not attract squirrels but it does help get their attention. If you spook one into a tree, a few 'barks' may get it poking its head round to take a look.

The accompanying tape is of little use. Leave your rifle at home and go for a walk in the woods with the call. You'll soon learn how English greys chat to each other!

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Hi Chris

Re - Cammoclad. Haven't used it myself, but a mate put it all over his BSA Hornet (said it was easy enough to cut to size and stick in the right places) ...... and almost as quickly stripped it all off again!

Why? Stuff is NOT waterproof/resistant and, when it gets wet, holds it and very rapidly starts to rust any underlying metal.

Answer = not bad for stock coverage (though bound to have effect on wood finish too), but think VERY carefully before covering barrel/action/etc.

Cheers

Biggles