Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why ?????

pistols

I regular shoot a Taurus .22/.357 revolver & now a Browningbuck mark, semi-auto
    they are all great fun ,& take a little more patience & skill...now i realise them gun slingging films , just aint..no where near reality.. at the club , you can see how far out they can be, i know the rifle argument, but,as i mainly shoot rifles over land, for hunting etc... another skill.

so ,i find the pistols , good for getting down the club with the lads,..& generally handy around the home!! as it don't take up too much space.., something diffrent..

GET ONE you'll see... as for air pistols/rhoms etc...lmao...get the real thing !!'wimp'
    Last edited by Trakker; 14-08-2007 at 07:14 PM.

DaveK is offline Has been known to tickle spider crabs
    Has never been the same since we were dispossessed.

Prior to the handgun ban there were competitions galore from bianchi to service & police pistol.

Unfortunately with the current specs for LBR's they're not suitable for many of the old competitions.

I've shot LBR's and an not impressed. I'd stick my neck out further and suggest that people that ARE impressed by LBR's never shot their predecessors. But it's what you have at your disposal thats important and, unfortunately, the only option is LBR.

Ray, YHPM

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    It's grim oop north Sean

There's no shortage of excellent pistol shots up here - Tim Finley, Ian Taylor, Ken Ingham, Mark Liddle, Chris Cundy to name a few. They've all got a date with an arse kicking when I whip my tricked up Rohm out though
    Pah ! Brian, and once again sir, Pah !

Sound of gauntlet being manfully thrusted forth
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakker View Post
    GET ONE you'll see... as for air pistols/rhoms etc...lmao...get the real thing !!'wimp'
    Might this, in a nutshell, be part of the problem you are having?
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Because we are limited to BP muzzle loader and LBR.

They just not the same as the proper pistols! Dont balance right or recoil in the right way. Never been a fan of the LBR may get one but not yet. Currently have a BP revolver but its a lot of hassel as well.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Because we are limited to BP muzzle loader and LBR.

They just not the same as the proper pistols! Dont balance right or recoil in the right way. Never been a fan of the LBR may get one but not yet. Currently have a BP revolver but its a lot of hassel as well.

Matt
    i garantee , get a l/b revolver a 'Taurus', or even the 'Browning buckmark' pistol (semi-auto ) you wont look at black/powder or blunderbusses again !!

& will enjoy ever moment with a Taurus, the balance is right, the shoot is right & they are accurate as h311.... as good as any, if not better than the old snub noses etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    It's grim oop north Sean

There's no shortage of excellent pistol shots up here - Tim Finley, Ian Taylor, Ken Ingham, Mark Liddle, Chris Cundy to name a few. They've all got a date with an arse kicking when I whip my tricked up Rohm out though
    Hehehe! Last week we had an informal pistol comp at Guiseley; I beat Ken & his Steyr with my S&W CO2
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius