Thread: Good starter pistol for 10m target

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Starter Pistol

Hi

I started pistol target shooting this January with a Gamo Compact, it was very good as a starting point, but the trigger was not to my likes, it the broke in a big terminal way and a new pistol was needed.

After lots of looking and trying, I suprised myself and opted for a Weihrauch HW 75, as someone else said no sight picture adjustment. However it has been far more accurate than I and has a nice trigger, better when altered so it can be adjusted lighter, needs a small alteration to the grip internals.

I could have had a rohm, just about, but then would have needed a bottle etc.(I am a springer / pneumatic fan and don't do precharged guns, but thats just me).

But do try other peoples pistols, its the only way to know whats right for you, not whats right for the seller!

Whatever you do end up buying, it will only ever work with continuing practice and perseverance.

Good luck with whatever you go for, its a challenging sport air pistol target shooting!
    Shootin Al

Starter Pistol

Try a Weihrauch HW70, OK its spring and not recoiless but its only 100 or so well made with a good trigger. I should be on comission the number of times I've praised this little gun. Ok and it suits right or left handed use...

left handers

unbeliveably 3 out of our four man team are left handed !!, and they make their own... (pistol grips),, ( im the right handed one ! ) , they seem to shoot slightly beter than me, ( something to do with the heartbeat and pulse ),, ( so they tell me ),, ive "upgraded" to a pardini,, i just like a pistol that dosnt need to be charged,, jmo. i just like an "enclosed unit" for want of a better word..

good luck.......

I have just started to mess wit 10metre pistol and had a Gamo compact that i bought sometime previous, could not really get to grips with it, no real consistency, someone offered me ago with the club FWB 80...wow almost every shot in the black and bulls regularly, now shooting an average of 165 which I feel for a newbie is acceptable. The gun is a springer as well which I prefer to pcp
    Have a go with a FWB 80.
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

left handed

hi i am in the same boat looking to start 10m target left handed cant find any pistols second hand or new fwb 80 or 90 biakal 1zk 46m are there any shops dealers i could try many thanks dave

I have an Aeron (BRNO or CZ) B96 in CO2

Its a great 10m pistol for the money. You will have to locate a lefty grip however. For the money the pistol is a winner with a LW barrel and nice trigger. The whole pistol is adjustable in all sorts of ways as well to suit your needs. Might want to give them a look.

Bowman

Quote Originally Posted by davos View Post
    hi i am in the same boat looking to start 10m target left handed cant find any pistols second hand or new fwb 80 or 90 biakal 1zk 46m are there any shops dealers i could try many thanks dave
    If you find a Gamo compact, then left hand grips can be had from the US here http://www.gamousa.com//Catalog.aspx?Family=54 wityh the dollar being so weak it is a good time to buy from US.
    PM me for money saving prices on aquarium fish foods.

Grips for the Gamo are not that hard to make, I made several for the club Gamo's.

If you are still looking, drop me a PM and I will see if there are any spare.
    Regards
    Bob

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

UK: expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by pollythedog View Post
    If you find a Gamo compact, then left hand grips can be had from the US here http://www.gamousa.com//Catalog.aspx?Family=54 wityh the dollar being so weak it is a good time to buy from US.
    Yes: I learned this "the other way around" when my wife and I visited London from the States!

We had a wonderful time, though: we both fell in love with your country.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 08-09-2007 at 08:49 PM.