Thread: Good starter pistol for 10m target

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The S&W cannot be considered a target pistol. It just doesn't come near the required accuracy, trigger quality or ergonomics.

Tom, the cheapest starter is the Gamo Compact which is available with a l/h grip although you'll probably have to order it specially. The HW75 is similar but more expensive but does have an ambi grip. These are both single-stroke pneumatic pistols. If you can find a secondhand FAS6004 with a l/h grip that's also an excellent choice.
    After that you're into CO2-powered guns and looking at the Rohm range where, again, a l/h grip is an option. There's also the BRNO range but I don't know how easy it is to get l/h versions.

Jonathan

levidog is offline I got wood.........Bzzzzzz
    I agree with Snapshot, the Gamo Compact is considered the normal starters standard. The only thing is that the trigger is no where as good as it use to be when it got its reputation. I started off with one but borrowed a precharged Rohm Twinmaster Top. The Gamo was soon up for sale.

I now have a Sam K11 but that's heading for more serious money.

The usual suggestion is to try other peoples, but like you I'm left handed and so that's not always an option.

Sean