Thread: bsa

jonballs is offline born to shoot, shoot to hunt, hunt to eat

bsa

i`ve just picked up a couple of bsa`s today (owner moving into sheltered housing)
    first is a mk2 meteor serial no ta 25 (full of dust and cant read the rest at the moment) theaction looks good (may have been resprayed but i don`t think so) both sights there

second is what i think is a standard serial no s51393 wood stock is varnished but it has kept the wood underneath in very good condition, the action is another matter as it has been spray painted with black enamal. i can see the piston skirt and it has pat 982-29 the rest is to faint to read, at the time of posting i have no idear what is under the paint but when i do i`ll let you know

could any one give me an aproximate value on these as i have so many guns and will not be keeping them, the only reson that i got them was that they would have gone to the gentlemans 18 year old CHAV grandson or the skip
    i`ve just had a count up in the shed/workshop and i`ve now got 68 rifles and another 19 in bits (as you do) and 21 pistols of my own, way way way to many so i`ve got to have a sort out, one day sometime maybe

cheers
    jon
    jon barber

touch wood i`ve never had a bad sale on the bbs

update there is no blueing left under the paint on thr "standard"
    i don`t know how the blueing was stripped off as there is no scratching on any of the metalwork so who ever did it took their time but then sprayed it
    the meteor`s serial no is ta25921 and is still producing 7.89 with accupells and judging from the screws and the retaining pin(not marked or knarled up) i don`t think it had been apart and also i don`t think it has been resprayed. i`ve done a few and nomatter how good you are you can always tell an original finish to a refinished item

a while ago there was a thread about having guns reblued at bsa, can any one cast some light on this and an idear of costing
    cheers
    jon
    jon barber

With a 'TA' prefix it sounds like a mark 2 Meteor (1962-66).

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

bsa

hi john samples going out tomorrow.would you have a .22 mercury or even a barrel hopefully with open sights?
    regards nik

I`ll see what i can find

cheers
    jon
    jon barber

Hi John I'm always after nice old bsa's, basically the old quality guns, cadets, airsporters etc, the guns that are machined not made of pressed and stamped steel.

If you have any nice cheap little project guns (wood and metal needing work but nothing major damaged/missing) and internal reconning let me know always up to save old guns.

Oliver

reblue

The last rifle I had reblued was by Webley/Venom the work was outstanding....but I don't think they are going anymore

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Leicastuff View Post
    The last rifle I had reblued was by Webley/Venom the work was outstanding....but I don't think they are going anymore
    Webley Venom are no more but Steve Pope arose from the ashes as V-Mach.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Jon the painted one S51393 - would that fit in with my request here?

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178401
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Felix,

I doubt the gun fits your criteria for a WW1 production improved model D with the S prefix (indicating the patented double safety sear trigger).

This particular gun sounds like a much later , late model 'Standard' with the lengthened piston (with the patent number impressed into the piston skirt).

One way to find out would be if the stock had the letters 'BSA' in the checkering panels. The letters should be raised. If it does then it is not the gun you are after.

All the best

Lakey

Cheers as always Lakey. I don't get on here much these days but still looking for 'that' BSA. Every time I do log on I seem to see more BSA's appearing but never what I need!
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle