Thread: Memories of Mick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow

My memory of Mick was when he came to a special airgun section meeting at Cobham. The meeting was exceptionally bad tempered and in fact ended up with little old ME being thrown out of the club shortly afterwards for having the temerity to point out at a subsequent meeting that a) the NON VOTING airgun section effectively funded the whole forking club and b) without the revenues from the section the club would go BUST very quickly. A few Cobham/bbs members including Jon (Buddyboy) Graham (baxterbasics) Martin (landyman) Chris (oildropper) Nick (bomag) and Mick adjourned to the pub to consider what we would do next. Sadly it didn't help much because soon after that meeting I was chucked out and the main members of the section left in support thus effectively ending airgun shooting at Cobham. That was the last time I saw Mick and I will always remember his wise counsel and fund of shooting stories with great affection-now of course tinged with great sadness at his sudden departure from us.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Sorry to dig this up from the past but I only just found out he passed away after been away from this site for over 6 years now.

Well I have so many great memories of the guy but I can quite honestly say he is easily one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and was a true gent and would bend over backwards to help me.

I remember quite a few rides in the White Alfa but being a kid then I used to love it
    Stright Shooting!