Thread: Memories of Mick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When me and Mick used to go on hunting trips to North Wales, he used to come here first to pick me up and then hit the road for the 3 ½ hour journey (apart from the time he got lost and it took us 6 hours)

How he and another chap came back white as a sheet after seeing a huge black cat up in the mountains.

Mick used to love this story, about 5 of us split up and me Mick and Bob ended up on this verge just chilling, we then noticed one of the other lads at the bottom stalking a squirrel, he took about 10mins creeping through the undergrowth etc to get within a decent range of this squirrel and as he shoulder the gun and was about to pull the trigger I shot the squirrel, Mick was in tears with laughter as the other chat wasn’t amused.

But he used to get me every time regarding Football, I would always ask him how Man Utd were doing when we were away as he had a radio with him all the time and he used wind me up all the time by saying they were losing or lost and get be going but saying how rubbish they were etc.

There’s a few other stories and laughs we had about other things but too much to go on here.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    When me and Mick used to go on hunting trips to North Wales, he used to come here first to pick me up and then hit the road for the 3 ½ hour journey (apart from the time he got lost and it took us 6 hours)

How he and another chap came back white as a sheet after seeing a huge black cat up in the mountains.

Mick used to love this story, about 5 of us split up and me Mick and Bob ended up on this verge just chilling, we then noticed one of the other lads at the bottom stalking a squirrel, he took about 10mins creeping through the undergrowth etc to get within a decent range of this squirrel and as he shoulder the gun and was about to pull the trigger I shot the squirrel, Mick was in tears with laughter as the other chat wasn’t amused.

But he used to get me every time regarding Football, I would always ask him how Man Utd were doing when we were away as he had a radio with him all the time and he used wind me up all the time by saying they were losing or lost and get be going but saying how rubbish they were etc.

There’s a few other stories and laughs we had about other things but too much to go on here.

Pete
    Pete that moment was special wasn't it

I honestly thought Mick was gonna roll down that hill laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Pete that moment was special wasn't it

I honestly thought Mick was gonna roll down that hill laughing

I think he was still in shock 2 days later

Pete

Rest in peace Mick, I remember you from when this BBS was a much less crowded place.
    Chris(Tigger C)
    Lick my decals

Arrow

My memory of Mick was when he came to a special airgun section meeting at Cobham. The meeting was exceptionally bad tempered and in fact ended up with little old ME being thrown out of the club shortly afterwards for having the temerity to point out at a subsequent meeting that a) the NON VOTING airgun section effectively funded the whole forking club and b) without the revenues from the section the club would go BUST very quickly. A few Cobham/bbs members including Jon (Buddyboy) Graham (baxterbasics) Martin (landyman) Chris (oildropper) Nick (bomag) and Mick adjourned to the pub to consider what we would do next. Sadly it didn't help much because soon after that meeting I was chucked out and the main members of the section left in support thus effectively ending airgun shooting at Cobham. That was the last time I saw Mick and I will always remember his wise counsel and fund of shooting stories with great affection-now of course tinged with great sadness at his sudden departure from us.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Sorry to dig this up from the past but I only just found out he passed away after been away from this site for over 6 years now.

Well I have so many great memories of the guy but I can quite honestly say he is easily one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and was a true gent and would bend over backwards to help me.

I remember quite a few rides in the White Alfa but being a kid then I used to love it
    Stright Shooting!