Thread: Memories of Mick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I never knew Mick well. But the way this thread is going some of you posts will go well in his euligy ( Spelling )
    Something for 2013 . www.rojeans.co.uk

Kingplinker Guest
    How about my christmas message to the mods >>> clicky <<<

Mick used to crack me up in between bailing me out of trouble on here

Dave

Gary C Guest
    Sammie and me in the car heading back from Quarry and I see Lee G in his caravan. We overtake and I say to Sammie - pull in to the services I'm going to moon the git when we go past him again.

We pulled out after a van, I was just getting them down when I saw Micks face in the car window.

He seemed quite stern then so I was a tad relieved not to have shown him my "stern"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker....me View Post
    How about my christmas message to the mods >>> clicky <<<

Mick used to crack me up in between bailing me out of trouble on here

Dave
    Actually I quite like the improvement Mind you looking at it again I certainly do look like my dad, and he was 97 at the time!

TDs looks like a bit "Afro'ish" and Mick looks like David Ballamy
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

I met Mick at LV, I think it might have been the first meet. I played with one of his Super-Ratties most of the afternoon, and then his .25 mercury. Spent the next few months pestering him online about modding ratties and ratting with .25. A more approachable, helpful and friendly bloke I have never met. Another time he posted me a load of pellets of varying types to try in my new gun. I've been away from the BBS for a long time, and lost touch with Mick, but I'm proud to have called him a friend.
    Jamie

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    I remember having breakfast at LV with Mick and Terry D.
    Having differing views on the issue of armed police, a debate ensued, drawing the finest dry wit both had to offer.
    It was like Hinge & Bracket with top drawer comedy.

A few that spring to mind:

Him leading the 'February Revolution' at LV and laying the foundations for the development of the club.

Roping me into the committee when I couldn't think of a 'no' fast enough, and then buggering off & leaving us to it.

Him making me and JDP present and then get a vote for every single change to the then LV constitution - it took about an hour!!

The numerous Ratcatcher modifications, when I saw it I thought 'Oh yeah, right' but the he then proceeded to hit the 65 yard bell 5/5 and delighted in telling all the Mk3 owners how it cost 1/6th of their rifles.

Doing HFT with a .25

Him, Derek and possibly Ron taking the out of Simon (sorry Simon!) by arranging up a dead rabbit in a munching pose and then collapsing in giggles as Simon stalked it, bopped it and then looked confused as it didn't fall or run. The story got funnier with each telling

Most of all I'll remember his kindness to new and confused shooters on their first visit to the club / a meet. He went the extra mile for people he hardly knew.

There's a nice photo of Mick on the 'news' section of the club website - thanks to Warby for sorting it

R

El Sec

I too have done the Alfa seat-grab, all the way to Lea Valley and back.

"What's the matter, Tel - surely you're not nervous?"

"No Mick, I'm not nervous, mate. I am, however, absolutely bloody terrified!"

"You want to see someone about that, Tel."

"I'd be happy just to see my family again, if it's all the same to you, Mick!"

"Well why didn't you say you were missing them? I'll get the old foot down and have you home in no time."

Oh yes, thanks to Mick, my pants know the colour of fear.

Roger's summed him up for me in this sentence.

"Most of all I'll remember his kindness to new and confused shooters on their first visit to the club / a meet. He went the extra mile for people he hardly knew."

He didn't really know me, but made me feel like I'd known him for years.

He set standards for us all.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.