Thread: Memories of Mick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Memories of Mick

Supermick was a real comedian so its been suggested we have a thread that anyone can post on with their memories of him

I remember first meeting Soopamick at Bisley BBS meet in 2000, he was enjoying himself immensely meeting all the people he had only met virtually before that day, he had one of his infamous Crosmann "Ratcatchers" with the 3ft barrel "upgrade" and was blatting the 55yd knockdown with regular monotony, lending it to anyone that looked remotely interested

Another that springs to mind was Mick with his beloved Alfa hitched to his Caravan, surely the fastest bit of towing known to modern man He also did a mean breakfast

Theres lots of other things that spring to my mind but I am knackered and cant decide which to post

I am told that any happy memories posted about Mick may just put a smile on Jennys face in this very difficult time

Baz
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Dont mention the Alfa Baz Sparky and myself had a lift with Mick from somewhere on the M4 to LV one day, as it was our first trip there and he did'nt want us to get lost. I think my knuckles have just about recovered and had the car not been written off some time later would probably still have had my nail marks on the dash . He was'nt what you would call a slow driver.

He also had a soft spot for treacle pudding as we found out at the little Welsh foray at Parc-le-Breos. He often got reminded about that and his eyes would go all glassy as if in a day dream about it

And what are we going to do this coming Stright season

Kev
    Last edited by kev hughes; 23-07-2007 at 08:51 PM.

baxterbasics Guest

Forget The Alfa:

My finger prints must be permanently engraved in the Dash of his Mercedes Not to mention the "Right boot" scrape marks on his carpet

Mick "Bloody down hill racers"
    Me "Er,how fast are we going now?"
    Mick "95-Don`t worry-loads left yet"
    Me "Gulp!"
    Mick "Got Him!!"
    Me "Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezussssssss!"
    Kellie in the back seat,somewhere "H.h.h.ow m m much further Mick"

We left Pirbright at 6.30 and arrived at the game fair at 6.35

The first time I took him to Bisley with me,I took a variety of pcp technology-Anschutz,Daystate etc. I offered him the use of one,he gave me a look of derision,whipped out his trusty Theoben Break Barrel and embarrased us on the 55 yard resetters

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    I have a couple memories of Mick - a few I am sure the HFT lads will remember the one year he turned up to Millride to set his caravan up 'on level ground' - then disappeared half way up the field to start his own encampment:-)

The next year, Nev had been given specific instructions to make sure that no-one parked in the lower end of the field because over night rain had turned it into a bog; Mick appeared, Nev turned his back, and low and behold, Alfa and caravan were beached......to my relief one of the lads turned up to retrieve him from the bog, but not until his car was covered in the best top soil in the Midlands. I was in tears when Mick got out the car - and lets just say he had some choice words for me....but he soon saw the funny side of it.

Will miss you mate,

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

I never knew Mick well. But the way this thread is going some of you posts will go well in his euligy ( Spelling )
    Something for 2013 . www.rojeans.co.uk

Kingplinker Guest
    How about my christmas message to the mods >>> clicky <<<

Mick used to crack me up in between bailing me out of trouble on here

Dave