Thread: Weihrauch HW77 .25 Cal

Weihrauch HW77 .25 Cal

I do't know if one of these is collectable as they may still be available, but I'll stick it here anyway.

I was at the War and Peace show on Sunday and saw an HW77 .25 for sale, the condition wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great, plenty of scratches and dings in the stock, worn bluing and some light rusting. It cocked fairly smoothly, but the price, £280 , yup £280, I had to ask the guy twice, and then asked him if it was Euros, as he was European. It was the second series model with the wider loading port and push button underlever catch, also the rearsight was missing.

Now £80 would've been a very good buy maybe £125 or so, but no more, besides I think you can still order some Weihrauch springers new in .20 and .25.

Has anyone else ever come across one? It was a factory job with the calibre stamped on the breach, no Hull Cartridge stamp though, I wonder if it was 12 ft.lbs?

He also had some Haenels and Gamos, but I didn't bother asking how much they were .

I also saw 5 or 6 Brema Model 35's rough condition with the barrels chopped of, they did sell, but I don't know how much for.

Ben
    Last edited by master_shriller; 23-07-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Ben, think you did well to walk away. Okay, so it may've been an earlier more collectable type, but as you say, the HW77 and HW80 are still available new in .25 for an extra premium (around £35 when I looked into it last Christmas), so for maybe only £ £20 more than he was asking you could get a nice shiny brand new one instead and think I'd rather be in the long que . Atb M8, and keep in touch:

Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Gareth

Murphy just informed me you can get a new one for £310, some of these guys come over from Europe to the War and Peace show and try to have our trousers down, pants too sometimes there's one stall selling scopes, he reckons they are made by a top German company, S&B I think he said, but to be honest I wasn't paying much attention, they were all in "generic boxes" that just have Telescopic sight written on them, no mention of a top German company, and he was asking hundreds of pounds for some of them, they looked well made and not too shabby to look through, but they're no S&B, no way.

Ben

.25 hw77

Hi I have one of those bought about a year ago, great fun
    Price is steep for the condition so well done

All the best

Quote Originally Posted by master_shriller View Post
    I do't know if one of these is collectable as they may still be available, but I'll stick it here anyway.

I was at the War and Peace show on Sunday and saw an HW77 .25 for sale, the condition wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great, plenty of scratches and dings in the stock, worn bluing and some light rusting. It cocked fairly smoothly, but the price, £280 , yup £280, I had to ask the guy twice, and then asked him if it was Euros, as he was European. It was the second series model with the wider loading port and push button underlever catch, also the rearsight was missing.

Now £80 would've been a very good buy maybe £125 or so, but no more, besides I think you can still order some Weihrauch springers new in .20 and .25.

Has anyone else ever come across one? It was a factory job with the calibre stamped on the breach, no Hull Cartridge stamp though, I wonder if it was 12 ft.lbs?

He also had some Haenels and Gamos, but I didn't bother asking how much they were .

I also saw 5 or 6 Brema Model 35's rough condition with the barrels chopped of, they did sell, but I don't know how much for.

Ben