Thread: Original Mod 50 information required please

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.

Original Mod 50 information required please

I was trying to remove the stock from my Mod 50 to access the tap. The cocking lever engages a stud through the stock in the forend. Is there a tool `ready made` to remove this stud or has a tool to be made up from a pipe? I would appreciate any ideas in this matter. Also it has neither the words, "made in Germany" or the date on the end of the cylinder, only the word foreign. Has anyone an idea of it`s age?
    My thanks for any thoughts. Cheers.

original mod 50 information required

Hi there,
    The way I did it was to make a tool from steel tube the same diameter as the diameter of the locking collar ( the collar screws onto the outside of the stud. What you do next is to file down the end of the tube about 4mm but leave a square portion on either side, i.e at 12 o`clock and 6 o`clock . the two portions/pegs should be the same width as the two opposing slots in the collar around the stud.
    I hope this makes sense.?. I then cut the tube about 4" long and drilled a hole right through it at the opposite end to the pegs, so that you can put a tommy bar through it to give enough leverage to unscrew the collar.

Pete.

Whatever you do, do it properly, there is nothing worse than a chewed up screw head on a gun that was previously untouched (if this is the case).

Other than that, it is probably pre-'67 approximately as IIRC this was the year when dates started to be stamped on the cylinder. If it has a serial number, under the barrel close to the underlever, which underlever is folded metal rather than machined from solid, it is not much older. Older ones had no number.

How much older, only pics will be able to enlighten. There were many versions of the model 50.

Feel free to send me a pic to my email address.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.

Original Mod 50

Thank you both for your replys. The tube seems to be a good idea and I will heed the warning not to rush the job. The cocking lever is made from a machined bar and I will take some pictures in the future. Regards to you both... Pete

mod 50 tool

I just use a pair of circlip pliers with fine enough points with a rubber band round to keep them closed in the grooves,works fine if you're carefull & no damage in many stripdowns. The correct tool would be a large flatblade cheap screwdriver with the centre of blade cut away carefully with a fresh steel cutting wheel on a small grinder of filed if you can be bothered.