Thread: Ags 8-32x56 Swat Review

Super Shooter Guest

Ags 8-32x56 Swat Review

I hope this helps, please remember in mind this is my first review.

I have been trying out the new Ags 8-32x56 SWAT

It comes with Sunshade, sidewheel and flip ups all in the box.

I might sound mad (price wise) when I say this but the only thing I had to pit it against was a Bushnell 6-24 40, 4200 .

They have tightend up the mildots which are true at ten, it has target turrets with locking wheels that engage after half a turn, and it also has a allen screw to reset the turret after; so if you do dial in you can reset with out having to re zero.

shooting,
    optics are very good and has a form of rain coating, excellent eye relief which is nice and short so you can really tuck in to it, unlike the bushnell which is very long probably designed for center fire or rim fire, it also has excellent field of view so your Target acquisition is much quicker.

Shooting expieriances,
    I mounted the Scope on my Steyr Lg110 using BKL's and zeroed indoors, then went outside for the real test. At first sight the scope looks very large and compared to the Bushnell it is and also slightly heavier but where the Ags comes in to its own is with the light gathering with the end being a 56mm diameter coated in their light transfer coating coupled to a 30mm tube I was shooting until 10:45 whilst other people had long since stopped shooting of which 1 had an Mtc Viper and an edgar brothers.

If you go by Bushnells prices I think the price is around £650 for the 4200 elite 6-24x40, and the Ags around £300 with the no question warranty, so I will be keeping the Ags and will probably sell the Bushnell. I do hope that they do these changes to their 44 Swat

I hate to say it but the AGS won! I was amazed truth be known.
    Last edited by Super Shooter; 26-07-2007 at 05:07 PM.