Thread: Tin hat targets

Tin hat targets

I have just downloaded these targets , I will be trying some out Friday with the BSA Martini MkII . Dave
    Last edited by Dave 101; 26-07-2007 at 11:41 PM.

Tin Hat

I remeber shooting the full size tin hats with the .303 at Purfleet in the late 70's with the cadets. then they issued the SLR in about 79 or 80 and we moved to the good old fig 11. Can you give a link to where you got them from as wouldn't mind trying them with my old BSA sportsman 5

Al

Tin Hat targets

Hi Al . if you are interested in BSA's and historical rifles look at this site
    www.rifleman.org.uk click on site map , scroll down to Targetry then down to SMRC Targetry where you will find them . They look good when you print them , a good reason to get the BSA out and dust it off , Dave

Link to

www.rifleman.org.uk type this in to your browser for a web search not sure it works doing directly from here . Dave

Bsa

Thanks Dave, The link works fine from the page. I think it must be time for some fun shooting, The little sportsman 5 (early 1950s) is supposed to be for my daughter to start shooting with, but I know where there is a nice Martini available if I want it but that will have to wait for the renewal at the end of the year bit pointless paying for a variation with three months left on the ticket!

Al

Cor that takes me back a bit! I remember shooting similar targets to those with an unbedded 0.303 LE No4 and the 0.22 no 8 (I think it was). After a while they let us move onto bedded no4s with ring foresights and vernier scale rearsights(I dread to think how many rounds those barrels had down them), or in 0.22 a BSA Martini action and then an Anschutz. I remember the shock of going from several pounds on a trigger down to a few ounces.

Happy days!

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit