Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTC SCB Reticule

crazywabbit Guest

Lightbulb MTC SCB Reticule 3-12x44

MTC SCB Reticule 3-12x44 @10 Mag

Hi folks, just had a day where I had to do some final tweaking and just as I was about to do some plinking my friends son appears and ask to have ago (he's 14) he has never fired a gun before so Uber Drill time...safety on..Load...Lock..Prone Pos Down.adjust pos..steady..focus..breathe...in your own time 5 shots... fire.. he starts off miss, miss, miss, Plink! Thwack! crap thats my gun box!... safety on...crap he says! anyway. I start to explain to him about the scope and the points on the scope and then comes the streams of questions "why cant I just put the cross in the middle of it and hit it" Ahh! well you see its like this and proceded to draw diagrams and scetches of how things working... hmm! I then started to feel that this was not sinking in at all as vague look of "I just want to hit stuff" appeared over his face and he then says "but on Halo I kill stuff all the time" LOL! so then I show him a few piccies of the reticule and then the "penny droped" by this time his Dad was involved and so and he got a crash course too. So now that they both had a good understanding off they go back to the garden and started plinking away this time both happy chappies and this time i moved my gun box

So anyway here are some links to some templates I did for the MTB SCB Reticule should you want to print them out please feel free to do so. One is blank and the other is ranged for .177. They are slightly exagerated as to avoid screen clutter but if i get the time i'll do a propper scaled one. best to copy into word and print them off.

MTC-SCB-Reticule.gif

MTC-SCB-Reticule-Blank.gif
    Last edited by crazywabbit; 28-07-2007 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Typo :)

They look like the ranges for a .177 @ 12 mag putting out exactly 12Ftlbs. Unfortunately no-one will ever ever be shooting at exactly 12Ftlbs and theres a good chance it wont be at 12 mag either.

Use Chairgun or similar to get the ranges for your set-up and transfer them onto the handy supplied ret pdf.

Making waves since 1971.

crazywabbit Guest

3-12x44

It is the 3-12x44@10mag sorry forgot to mention the obvious

Chairgun looks good DL'g now tks
    Last edited by crazywabbit; 27-07-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire (ooop North) :)
    at 10mag on the MTC, the mill-dots are 'true mill-dots' so this is the correct mag to shoot on. I have only used mine on 10 mag so far and it is PERFECT! Thanks for the info on the MTC crazywabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    When you see an ant superglue a piece of cotton to it, then let it walk you back to the nest.
    Adrian

MTC Reticule

Many thanks this will be a great help

What pellets were you using?

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

a piccy I got of the SCB reticle the other day (illuminated)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...e/DSCF0025.jpg

Last edited by Cyber_Prelude; 31-07-2007 at 07:46 AM.
    When you see an ant superglue a piece of cotton to it, then let it walk you back to the nest.
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber_Prelude View Post
    a piccy I got of the SCB reticle the other day (illuminated)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...e/DSCF0025.jpg

How did you get the picture?

Stuart
    Tikka 595 22-250 with Viper 4 - 16 x 50 Pes Mod.
    Marlin 17HVS 17hmr with Viper 4 - 16 x 50 Mod.
    CZ Silhouette .22rf with Viper 4 - 16 x 50. Sak Mod.

with a camera

lol, on a more serious note, all I did was to put the macro mode on my fuji, I closed the end cap on the scope so that you couldn't actually see through it and you could only see the IR just put the camera all the way upto the eyebell and focused it into the ret. Came out pretty well! hehe. Got a nice black and white photo of the Ranger in My sig which I took at the same time.
    Adrian

So can you just confirm for a thicky

the top of the cross is -0.5, then a 0.5 gap to the first mark at -1.0

Bottom of the cross is +0.5, then a 0.25 gap, top of the post is +0.75, then first mark is +1.0

Yes?

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Gary C Guest
    yes

Mtc

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    So can you just confirm for a thicky

the top of the cross is -0.5, then a 0.5 gap to the first mark at -1.0

Bottom of the cross is +0.5, then a 0.25 gap, top of the post is +0.75, then first mark is +1.0

Yes?

Richard
    Gary beat me to it, But in his usual many words. LOL
    Have a look at link.
    http://www.mtcoptics.com/Reticule_page.htm

Regards
    Dave

crazywabbit Guest

Thumbs up MTC SCB Accuracy

So far i have now put 1500+ pellets down the range and a few at some unsuspecting quarry and to say i'm thoroughly pleased is to be honest an understatement. I have been using the Daystate FT 177's calibrated at .453 and found these to be "bang on" and then i used this guys paper below and Chairgun to prove some of the other ranges and it just only confirms that this "MTC Range" ROCKS! However i am biased towards Mildot anyway.

http://www.mil-dot.com/Content%20Ima..._Equations.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dbc-65 View Post
    Gary beat me to it, But in his usual many words. LOL
    Have a look at link.
    http://www.mtcoptics.com/Reticule_page.htm

Regards
    Dave
    Ah, every subsequent question answered!

Thanks chaps

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

8mm Mauser Guest
    Cyber Prelude - I didn't know the National Trust let you take guns into their stately homes ?