Thread: Weihrauch Hw90 Or Hw97k

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Weihrauch Hw90 Or Hw97k

Hi I am looking to purchase a new air rifle and have narrowed my choice down to either the weihrauch hw90 or the weihrauch hw97k.Which one would be the better for hunting.
    The hw90 is in .22 calibre and the hw97k is in .177 calibre.
    Having hunted with .22 weihrauch's in the past and had no poblems I am not sure about .177.How do they compare on a kill for kill basis as I have no wish to cause any suffering. Head shots out to 35yds have never been a problem and I would prefer to keep it that way.
    Any advice on either of the two guns and the calibre would be much appreciated.

Steve

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Both are nice rifles. I have a HW90, but not a HW97K -although I have shot them.
    The HW97K is probably the better rifle, for most people, but I prefer gasrams.
    I also mostly avoid underlever rifles as I don't like putting my fingers into a potential guillotine (the sliding breech).

If you only shoot out to 35yds, then a .22 would be adequate to shoot that far and will be a more reliable stopper if your shot is not quite perfect. Anyone who says that the odd stray shot doesn't happen, is either very good, very lucky, or just plain lying.
    .22 will also have less harshness to shoot than a .177.

Of the two, I would choose the HW90.22.
    Most forum members would suggest the HW97K.177.

Both will do the job admirably at these ranges.

I would choose the the HW90 in .22, the faster lock time/recoil should proove to be an advantage.

johnothin Guest

hw 90 vs 97

I have a hw 90 fac in .22 and cannot think of a better hunting gun , of the spring/ ram type. If you want to target shoot then the 97 is probably better but for hunting the 90 is the dogs dangleys! Hope this helps.

rather have the hw95,hw35k or the hw80k purely down to the better trigger/safety.

Considering getting rid of my hw97k because of the fiddly loading and the weight. I have arms like an orang-utan because of it.
    May change it for a 95
    Thank God I'm an Atheist
    95k-177-SR6 / Evo-20-Tasco Varmint / Supersport- 22-custom open sights. 97k-177 for sale