For you springer types who shoot comps.

People tend to get discouraged if there springer doesn't perform instantly out of the box, and making the transition between PcP to Springer successfully is hard enough, let alone trying to master the hold of the springer.
And the sad part is people just don't give it enough time, I'd say realistically give yourself 2-3 months good practise.

DONT EXPECT INSTANT RESULTS, BE PATIENT!

Recent tests have shown you dont need 12Ftlbs to knock down a target.
I tried 9ftlbs and found this was too low, but today I went out with my 97k shooting 750fps with Mosquitoes.
The result was interesting, as there was plenty of wind at 45 yrds and still it goes down.

The only down side to me dropping points today was the aim points (close range) changes dramatically, and as I only mounted the scope at LV 10 mins before hand, all I did was to find a target around 20-30 yrds (that'll do, I thought) and of I went.

Now the idea behind this test is to reduce the recoil to a point where, it becomes very stable and consistent to shoot, and Its almost possible to see the target go down as well.

The best part of this test was seeing some friends shoot it, and there faces as they get up from the target after it dropped, It got a positive response, job done..!

So for all you chaps who want to get into comps with a new springer, go for a fine balance between power and shoot-ability, otherwise you could find yourself shooting a bucking bronco..

And whats worse, its on here for sale after a couple of weeks.

Good luck, and don't forget this is your chosen sport, & its your hobby, so make sure you enjoy what your doing (Very important).

Please feel free to ask questions about your springer etc, because there are many very knowledgeable members on here that will be able to help out I'm sure.!

Harv