Thread: Woodlands club at Worcester

Woodlands club at Worcester

Ladies and Gents,

Being a long term hunter, but wanting to get into a bit of competitive shooting (or maye just to try it out), I used the club finder thing on the UKHFT website.

Nearest one to me is the aforementioned Woodlands site at Worcester (ok a it of a drag from here but could be worse I guess) - anyone a member from there, on here? Just wanting some guidelines really as to when would be good to turn up, what kit (if any) to bring (guns in sig) and if there are any hints and tips that you can give might make my first go at HFT more enjoyable / worthwhile?

Many thanks,
    Andy
    Last edited by Andy75; 03-08-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: multiple tpyos ;)
    HW77k .22
    HW100K .22 4-14x56 Merlin IR

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Woodlands

Hi Andy,

Woodlands did suffer badly with the effects of the weather recently, are there any contact details on the website? Hopefully a member will be along shortly and can explain the situation.

As for HFT the best way to learn how to do it is to have a crack. That way you know where your weaknesses are - I've spent all week practicing close up shots and am still no better!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Cheers Ryan,

Yes it was pretty wet round here for a while! There are some contact details on their site, just wondering if there are any friendly folks on here from the club that might give me a gentler introduction!

Cheers,
    Andy
    HW77k .22
    HW100K .22 4-14x56 Merlin IR

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Go For It!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy75 View Post
    Cheers Ryan,

Yes it was pretty wet round here for a while! There are some contact details on their site, just wondering if there are any friendly folks on here from the club that might give me a gentler introduction!

Cheers,
    Andy
    My experience from my own club and other clubs I've visited have been that they are extremely friendly and welcoming to new members. they'll also help you prepare for HFT. I set some targets out for 3 lads last night and they're going to have a go in the club comp next week!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!