Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTC Viper 6-24 X 56IR

I recieved my MTC 6-24x56 from Uttings about 10 days ago. I did have a mini rant elswhere on BBS about the MTC mounts but that was more out of my odd scope mount obsessive compulsiveness more than anything else.

QUALITY scope for the price range and would highly recommend.

ADK

Quote Originally Posted by AD_K View Post
    I recieved my MTC 6-24x56 from Uttings about 10 days ago. I did have a mini rant elswhere on BBS about the MTC mounts but that was more out of my odd scope mount obsessive compulsiveness more than anything else.

QUALITY scope for the price range and would highly recommend.

ADK
    I would agree, i'd suggest if you were using the MTC to compete or on a springer then go for a mount upgrade for peace of mind, but otherwise whats in the box will do the job just fine.

Anyone have one of these scopes on a .223 rem? Looking for something with more mag than my existing scope (8x56). Will be used for some long range vermin control. 6-24x56 a good option or should I put in some more overtime and look again to european optics?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Any update on what it was? Scope or gun?

As for .223 yes they are great on CF I have them on a couple of mine and use one out to 1000yds with no problems

The main reason I changed from Leupold was the SCB ret on the Vipers, the best I have ever seen, at least they work great for me whether on air rifle, rimfire or centrefire
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Gary C Guest
    Tested last night

Matts scope on Matts rifle - dreadful
    Matts Scope on my MK3 - Great groups
    My Scope on Matts rifle - dreadful

Looks like the rifle sadly

A word of warning for all HW100 owners thinking about buying the 6-24x56 Viper.

You cant use the MTC mounts with the sunshade and flips ups on a HW100 unless you remove your barrel band. Unfortunately the barrel band obstructs the sunshade.

Another alternative is not using the sunshade... just the flip ups. This works fine too.

Thought it worth a mention.

ADK

Stone the Crows

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Tested last night

Matts scope on Matts rifle - dreadful
    Matts Scope on my MK3 - Great groups
    My Scope on Matts rifle - dreadful

Looks like the rifle sadly
    It's true, i went to meet Gary at his warehouse yesterday evening to try a few different combinations and, what can i say, i will have to stone the crows until Daystate get a look at my gun! Bugger, the saga continues. So, now i have another wait on my hands before i get to shoot with my new gun! Besides that though, it is noteworthy to mention that as stated by so many others here on BBS, Gary and Sammie both took excellent care of the situation, their customer service commitment really is second to none. So thanks again Gary and Sammie for all your help. Will drop you a PM soon about the Hangar Shoot...
    Air Arms S200 Beech-Simmons WTC 3.5-10 X 50
    Daystate X2 Walnut-Simmons Aetec

So how do you explain -
    So i just proved the zero shift by substituting the scope for another one i had laying around (an AGS 6 X 40 Mini) Problem solved!!! Pellet on pellet etc etc!
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    So how do you explain - ???
    That was bugging me too, cause i had a very reasonable group with that 6 X 40. I can only say what i see, and my gun with Gary's FT scope wasn't producing decent groups even though the 6 x 40 was when i used it! I'll update when the gun has also been looked at by Daystate.

Gary & Sammie

Trying to PM, server says your mailbox is full and that you need to make space before i can send.

Matt

New Barrel

To conclude my review of the 6-24 X 56. My rifle was returned from Daystate, i took it out on the range today with the MTC and the combo is grouping as perfect as my abilities permit. In summary, i'm using the same scope i thought i had problems with, only Daystate have a put a new barrel on the action... So as it stands the scope is perfect, no problems andnow my gun is perfect too. The problems i was having did prove one thing though, and that, is that aftersales service from a supplier/manufacturer is worth it's weight in gold and i can commend both Daystate and MTC on that count. Thanks again to Garry & Sammie at MTC and Lynn at Daystate.