Thread: Hammerli 450 10m Rifle Question

Hammerli 450 10m Rifle Question

Hi, Any of you 10m boys unlucky enough to own/had the Hammerli 450 air rifle?
    Not many sold in this country, about 12, I think, I've got the other 11,!!!!!!
    Just kidding but I've got some spare seals for these guns..about 600 quids worth!.......ooooooooooooooooow UNLUCKY eh?

The reason I want to know is that all guns had a fault, it was not possible to repair it when the gun failed & they did; Quite soon in some cases........Hammerli redesigned the action & did a deal ie. They gave you a new action in place of your old failed action. The new action was stamped with your original serial No: & the old action was destroyed, you still paid the carrage to & from the factory by the way. However they no longer do this service free of charge & I have just had the second failed "mk1" 450 in this year, are there any more out there? Anyone know? I have a list of serial Nos; that have been sorted!
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

How many scrappers you got?

None, I send them back & pay for new actions, works out at around £250.00 each including carrage
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

This one is up for sale, but in the US

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=100432507

Glad I stumbled on this thread I never saw one of these before but know Hammereli's Reputation and this is not it Glad its not scope capable anyway that rules it out for Silhouettes. Thought it might have been a good deal at the price for the Quality but it must not be quality. How many were made anyway are they collectable or something?

Nothing here that says Hammerli cost anything close to $500 so it seemed like a steal. Buyer beware.

Bo

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    Hi, Any of you 10m boys unlucky enough to own/had the Hammerli 450 air rifle?
    Not many sold in this country, about 12, I think, I've got the other 11,!!!!!!
    Just kidding but I've got some spare seals for these guns..about 600 quids worth!.......ooooooooooooooooow UNLUCKY eh?

The reason I want to know is that all guns had a fault, it was not possible to repair it when the gun failed & they did; Quite soon in some cases........Hammerli redesigned the action & did a deal ie. They gave you a new action in place of your old failed action. The new action was stamped with your original serial No: & the old action was destroyed, you still paid the carrage to & from the factory by the way. However they no longer do this service free of charge & I have just had the second failed "mk1" 450 in this year, are there any more out there? Anyone know? I have a list of serial Nos; that have been sorted!

Hi there, I have just bought what looked like an immaculate one of these from Holts. I took it to my local gun club last night and......oh dear. its barely pushing the pellets half way don the barrel. On re-cocking and firing the pellet will leave the barrel just. Looking at it here are the details:.177 SINGLE-STROKE PNEUMATIC AIR-RIFLE SIGNED HAMMERLI, MODEL '450', serial no. 0504131. Can you still fix these rifles? Probably the seals as it appears to have come from Switzerland or germany from the various labels on it. Any help gratefully received, not worried about the cost. Externally it is immaculate, I would just like to use it for 10 metre target shooting. many thanks, raytheham@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by raytheham View Post
    Hi there, I have just bought what looked like an immaculate one of these from Holts. I took it to my local gun club last night and......oh dear. its barely pushing the pellets half way don the barrel. On re-cocking and firing the pellet will leave the barrel just. Looking at it here are the details:.177 SINGLE-STROKE PNEUMATIC AIR-RIFLE SIGNED HAMMERLI, MODEL '450', serial no. 0504131. Can you still fix these rifles? Probably the seals as it appears to have come from Switzerland or germany from the various labels on it. Any help gratefully received, not worried about the cost. Externally it is immaculate, I would just like to use it for 10 metre target shooting. many thanks, raytheham@gmail.com

Hi Ray
    email sent
    I think im the new owner of the rifle from Holts
    Any info be of big help to me as i will be stripping it down soon.
    Rgds
    G

I've got one of these and I'd be interested to hear how you get on trying to repair your one as I've been advised that they are completely unrepairable due to a design fault and lack of spares, but just in case it's of any use to you here's a link to a copy of the Manual for the rifle which includes an exploded diagram.

http://www.pilkguns.com/wp-content/u...erlimlg450.pdf

Vic Thompson.

Thumbs up Hammerli

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    I've got one of these and I'd be interested to hear how you get on trying to repair your one as I've been advised that they are completely unrepairable due to a design fault and lack of spares, but just in case it's of any use to you here's a link to a copy of the Manual for the rifle which includes an exploded diagram.

http://www.pilkguns.com/wp-content/u...erlimlg450.pdf

Vic Thompson.

Cheers Vic
    Graham

What is it that breaks on them ?