Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • PCP

81 47.65%
  • SPRINGER

89 52.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pcp V Springer

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by kram245 View Post
    Agree with you martin, i'm amazed at HFT comps when i chat to youngsters, how few have ever shot a springer! I dont know if this poll is attracting mainly springer users, or its like when people say ' cant beat the old cars, carbs, rear wheel drive, no power steering so you can really feel what the cars doing', but would'nt think of ever running one on a daily basis, prefering a modern front wheel drive, with power steering, A/C etc. I'll add that I am a springer user, and compete with one, so you know where my votes going. I will add ' tuned springer' as a proviso, though
    I'd say that was definitely the case.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

i`ve voted springer, as im that impressed with my tx hc and prosport i`ve sold me pcp`s . i shoot recoil class in nefta winter . but i do it hft style , kneeling for all but standing shots and use 12 mag ,dont even parralax correct and im managing about 60% on average and im improving

Wink 1st post

Well now I have to stop lurking as you have drawn me out with this topic,let me introduce myself, JW Walker from Arizona in USA,long time air rifle enthusiast. Started with a pump up Crosman back in the early 60`s,went on to springers, few years back purchased PCP FX Tarantula. PCP is much easier to shoot accurately as has already been stated, springer is more of a passion and can be as accurate, with proper technique and plenty of practice. Now having said that, if you don`t have time or a place to practice then you would probably find a PCP to be better suited. As for myself I have to go my FWB 124 and my TX 200 are calling me.