Thread: Bsf B55 .177

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Bsf B55 .177

From 1975, fitted with unspaced Maccari spring at the moment so only doing 7 ft/lbs, can replace original spring if you wish (nicer to shoot at lower power level however!). Includes AGS mini 3-9x40 scope and mounts.

Finish a little dull on metalwork, otherwise a nice used example.

WITHDRAWN FROM SALE

Pictures available.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 10-08-2007 at 01:45 PM.

Bsf B55

Just out of interest what does it make with the original spring?. I used to hear rumours of 12ftlbs plus for these in .22 in the early eighties. In fact if my memory is correct the .22 came with a shorter spring than the .177 to stay under the limit. My BSF ownership was very brief, a S70 in the early eighties from Replicaguns in the Fulham Palace Road.

The BSF55 is a little power house quite capable of near or over the legal limit m.e. with the correct spring and tunning. I have a .22 in my collection that I had to detune from 13+ft.lbs Not bad for such a small rifle.

A bevy of BSFs

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Just out of interest what does it make with the original spring?. I used to hear rumours of 12ftlbs plus for these in .22 in the early eighties.
    This particular one had a cut spring in it prior to the Maccari, and was doing about 10 ft/lbs. They will do 12 ft/lbs or more, even in .177 with a new standard spring or if the Maccari is spaced. The rifle is very light for such a powerful gun and the standard spring has a massive amount of preload on it, so it recoils quite fiercely. Once you get used to the kick & the trigger it is possible to shoot well under an inch group at 30 yards. The trigger is two-stage, the trick is to take up all the first stage, pause, take another breath, and then take up the second stage. Its sort of like a set trigger, unusual, but quite smooth and controllable. With the unspaced Maccari it recoils very gently and would make a nice veteran springer for garden plinkage or short-range work in a barn.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 09-08-2007 at 02:14 PM.

No-one interested in this fine piece of German engineering? For the price of a nasty Chinese breakbarrel combo?

I cant understand why this hasn't been snapped up.

ITS A B.S.F !

Good luck with the sale.

ATB
    Ian

I'm going to keep it. No one else will enjoy its hand-crafted Germanic BSF-ness and proper wooden stock! They all want rifles that look like the inside of a violin-maker's nightmare that don't DO anything when you press the trigger but make a noise like a leprechaun fart and keep them wrapped in goose-down quilts and only take them out to polish them in low-oxygen tents on every third Sunday in the month! They don't DESERVE a BSF!

[QUOTE=Hsing-ee;2061818]I'm going to keep it. No one else will enjoy its hand-crafted Germanic BSF-ness and proper wooden stock! They all want rifles that look like the inside of a violin-maker's nightmare that don't DO anything when you press the trigger but make a noise like a leprechaun fart and keep them wrapped in goose-down quilts and only take them out to polish them in low-oxygen tents on every third Sunday in the month! They don't DESERVE a BSF![/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. To shoot accurately and appreciate a BSF is a dying art. You know your going to regret selling this even as you parcel it up.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 10-08-2007 at 09:58 PM.

[QUOTE=I. J.;2062911]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    My sentiments exactly. To shoot accurately and appreciate a BSF is a dying art. You know your going to regret selling this even as you parcel it up.

ATB
    Ian
    It's embarassing but I LOVE MY HW77K!

Everything else is like some cheap Whitechapel tart. They don't REALLY mean it.