Thread: Curious : Does anyone use or has used a single stroke pneumatic for target shooting?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Apologies

Hello Wonky,

Apologies for mixing yourself and Big Al up. I was thinking the person who tested the pellets was Big Al.

Interesting information from all none the less. I'm pleased to see that the .22 pellets don't seem to need as much sorting as the .177, saves me a lot of hassle

I only use the Titan Mohawk for hunting and it is very accurate with 5.51mm AA fields straight off the shelf, as I said I check the zero each time out just to be sure.

Thanks again all for the information, most helpful.
    Regards
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"

Quote Originally Posted by Greylag View Post
    Hello Wonky,

Apologies for mixing yourself and Big Al up. I was thinking the person who tested the pellets was Big Al.

Interesting information from all none the less. I'm pleased to see that the .22 pellets don't seem to need as much sorting as the .177, saves me a lot of hassle

I only use the Titan Mohawk for hunting and it is very accurate with 5.51mm AA fields straight off the shelf, as I said I check the zero each time out just to be sure.

Thanks again all for the information, most helpful.
    Regards
    Hi Greylag,

I've just aquired a Titan Mohawk with walnut thumbhole stock in .177 today, May be interesting to "put it through it's pace's" to see what it can do! Must say though, hard to cock the thing even if you have "the knack" I don't think I'd want to play with it too long! I don't intend to keep it anway, nice looking gun but too much like hard work for me It would have been a nice addition to my collection if I hadn't got a mint working Titan JB1!
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    Hi Greylag,

I've just aquired a Titan Mohawk with walnut thumbhole stock in .177 today, May be interesting to "put it through it's pace's" to see what it can do! Must say though, hard to cock the thing even if you have "the knack" I don't think I'd want to play with it too long! I don't intend to keep it anway, nice looking gun but too much like hard work for me It would have been a nice addition to my collection if I hadn't got a mint working Titan JB1!
    Hello Wonky,

Did you have to tell me it had a walnut thumbnhole stock ? mine has an ordinary standard stock. I found if you hold the cocking lever halfway down when you start to close it it's easier, then slide your hand down to the rubber grip as you get to the last few inches where the extra pressure is need to close it. Keep your shirt out of the way if it's loose fitting or the locking pip will leave nice tears in it

By the was if you happen to have the user manual for the Mohawk I'd be grateful if you'd please scan it and e.mail me it, I can't get hold of the damn thing anywhere.

Regards

Hello Wonky,

Did you have to tell me it had a walnut thumbnhole stock ? mine has an ordinary standard stock. I found if you hold the cocking lever halfway down when you start to close it it's easier, then slide your hand down to the rubber grip as you get to the last few inches where the extra pressure is need to close it. Keep your shirt out of the way if it's loose fitting or the locking pip will leave nice tears in it

By the was if you happen to have the user manual for the Mohawk I'd be grateful if you'd please scan it and e.mail me it, I can't get hold of the damn thing anywhere.

Regards
    My Mohawk's pictured on the Collectable Airguns thread, I cock mine the way you describe, too much like hard work for me though! Sorry no hand book will try to get one! Have a few insider contacts even though titan has gone

My Mohawk's pictured on the Collectable Airguns thread, I cock mine the way you describe, too much like hard work for me though! Sorry no hand book will try to get one! Have a few insider contacts even though titan has gone
    Hello Wonky,

I looked at the Collectable pictures. Your Titan Mohawk looks extremely nice in the pictures. I'd probably be frightened to use it in case I scratched it

Another question - have you ever shot the Titan Mohawk much and if so did you feel the thumbhole stock would have made it easier to use than a standard stock?

Regards

Hello Wonky,

I looked at the Collectable pictures. Your Titan Mohawk looks extremely nice in the pictures. I'd probably be frightened to use it in case I scratched it

Another question - have you ever shot the Titan Mohawk much and if so did you feel the thumbhole stock would have made it easier to use than a standard stock?

Regards
    No only put two or three shots through the Mohawk to make sure it's ok! I'm not a lover of thumbhole stocks so anything I'm going to say would be unfair & biased so I'll keep my mouth shut.On second thoughts....... The one on this gun tends to lead you to shoot with your elbow up, which in turn helps the shoulder contact & give a nice amount pressure between the right hand & shoulder, in turn helping stability with standing shots, having a adjustable butt plate helps too! Still not for me though!
    All the best mate.

No only put two or three shots through the Mohawk to make sure it's ok! I'm not a lover of thumbhole stocks so anything I'm going to say would be unfair & biased so I'll keep my mouth shut.On second thoughts....... The one on this gun tends to lead you to shoot with your elbow up, which in turn helps the shoulder contact & give a nice amount pressure between the right hand & shoulder, in turn helping stability with standing shots, having a adjustable butt plate helps too! Still not for me though!
    All the best mate.
    Hello Wonky

I'd give yer a tenner for the stock anyway

Thanks for all the replies folks
    Regards