Thread: Curious : Does anyone use or has used a single stroke pneumatic for target shooting?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylag View Post
    Hello DVD,

I think that the Daystate Sportsman and the Titan Mohawk are bolt action as well, don't know about the Parker Hale Dragon.

I've never done competition shooting or handle competition guns can you tell me please in what respect do you mean it's "in a different league"? are you referring to power, accuracy or some other difference?

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Hi Greylag,
    what I meant was that it was designed just to compete in official 10m matches, meaning that apart from being designed to be accurate above all else, it had to be achieved within certain parameters, such as weight, trigger pull, calibre, power, accessory rail on the forearm, adjustable muzzle weights, adjustable stock, excellent peep sight with interchangeable front inserts, etc .
    Price wise, it cost a lot more new, than those mentioned, too.
    I know it is very accurate, but can not compare directly its accuracy to the other guns mentioned, since I've never handled them.
    To give you an idea, my Diana 100 has a Di Vel of just 4fps over 10 shots using H&N Finale Hi Speed pellets, at an average of 607 fps.
    Trigger is first class and its pull weight is adjustable between around 50 and 250 grammes.
    The actions of the Diana 100 (later versions) were made from stainless steel, thereby eliminating rust and a lot of condensation problems in the compression tube.
    The other guns mentioned in the original post,AFAIK, were designed for field and informal target shooting, with the main similarity being the power-plant but with more emphasis on power.I'm sure they were accurate enough for the purpose for which they were designed.
    HTH.

Thanks

Hello DVD,

Thanks for the explaination. I've got some very interesting insights into Target rifles/pellets/methods from replies to this thread.

Regards
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"