Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther LGM2 Problem

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    Not common as they were a little late on the scene after the FWB 600 series was introduced but a very good rifle & pretty bullet proof..Should serve you well & last a lifetime if looked after. Enjoy & happy shooting!
    Many thanks.

4.5 Hours to go.

Mark

I now have my LGM-2.

Very nice it is too.

I have taken some of it apart to give it a good clean. The piston chamber had a little old lubrication that needed replacing and the compression chamber a tiny bit of corrosion as in the problem above. The barrel transfer port was a little discoloured but this soon polished back to metal with a little Autosol.

The rest of the action is built like a Swiss watch.

Everything is now cleaned. Areas with corrosion have been polished to remove it. The piston and linkages are now lubricated with Feinwerkbau special grease and it is silky smooth in operation.

Over the Skan Chronograph at the club it is now showing 620 fps +/- 3fps with R10 Match pistol pellets.

It also shoots ragged 1 hole groups at 30 yards bench rested with JSB Diablo 4.53. Amazing for such an old rifle with 6ft/lb power and no scope!

I think the general consensus at the club was that this rifle had one of the best and lightest triggers that most of us had ever used.

I can see this being used for 10m indoors and Bell Target and silhouettes outside. It is a blast to shoot with.

Thanks

Mark

The match triggers are a joy to use - I had a go with a similar one down the club - great

look after her
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

Any disassembly caution I should know?

Hi all,
    I too have a LGM-2 but in the junior version. I recently chrony the speed with my newly(new to me) acquired chronograph and it's shooting a bit slow at 520fps with RWS HOBBYS which are light pellets at 7.0 gr..
    I think I might try my hand at taking the gun apart and inspect it to see if I too have the rust and port problem.
    Any advice in disassembling the gun would be greatly appreciated and if there is a step by step floating around out there in the www that someone can direct me to that would be even better.
    Thanks,
    Stan