Thread: Would this one be collectable ?

Would this one be collectable ?

To me it is, one of my favorites.

Tom in the USA
    Last edited by TStray; 10-08-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Would be to me

Hello Tom,

It would be to me, then again as you know from the Falcon owners forum I hunt with a Titan Mohawk

Regards
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"

tom

i reckon that anything obsolete should be deemed collectable as you can't just go to a shop and buy it!
    since titan are no more, coupled with the fact that they would have sold more rifles than pistols,and the stunning condition, i think this would be super collectable

john

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi TStray, yes indeed collectable . As a man who still mourns the passing of his .22 walnut Titan MC20 to one of your countrymen (a guy in Orlando bought it), and as a man who like Greylag above also owns a Titan Mohawk, imho your pistol is very collectable indeed, and thanks for sharing the photos with us -- greatly appreciated . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Tom. Definitely a collectable pistol, right at home in this section. Thanks for letting us see it.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks gents

I have a very serious addiction to the early Bowkett offerings, just can not seem to get enough of these Titans.

Over the last few years I have managed to collect a total of five, the MP030 pistol a MC020 Deluxe Carbine, the elucive MPT X2 and another carbine. The long action rifles seem to be far and few between.

With your impending new laws I fear my quest for all things Titan may soon come to an end...pitty.

Cheers,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    With your impending new laws I fear my quest for all things Titan may soon come to an end...pitty.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Do you know something we don't Tom?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hi Danny,

I only know what I have read on the BBS about the restrictions of posting an airgun. How will this affect transactions between private partys?

Even Parcel Farce is a bit hard to get around, last rifle I had shipped over was downgraded to surface mail after being x-rayed and deemed a firearm, took all of three months for it to arrive and cost me the full price of priority service. Ouch!!

Was sweating bullets until I had her in my hands, what a crap shoot you guys have to deal with trying to get a gun from one person to another and with the new laws I can only imagine it will be getting alot worse.

snipperuk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylag View Post
    Hello Tom,

It would be to me, then again as you know from the Falcon owners forum I hunt with a Titan Mohawk

Regards

would you have the link to the owners forum .... i know someone who was looking for such to join

andy

Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    Hi Danny,

I only know what I have read on the BBS about the restrictions of posting an airgun. How will this affect transactions between private partys?

Even Parcel Farce is a bit hard to get around, last rifle I had shipped over was downgraded to surface mail after being x-rayed and deemed a firearm, took all of three months for it to arrive and cost me the full price of priority service. Ouch!!

Was sweating bullets until I had her in my hands, what a crap shoot you guys have to deal with trying to get a gun from one person to another and with the new laws I can only imagine it will be getting alot worse.
    Hi buddy.

The new face to face restrictions are only for guns being sold by businesses and don't interfere with private sales. I guess this will change soon enough but for now we're OK as long as we're not traders.

Posting abroad is another ball game, as you know yourself!

The one good thing in all this is that a couple of years back the Royal Mail tried to get shot of its obligation to carry sporting guns, claiming delays were caused, and the comms regulator knocked them back quite hard. So for the moment moving guns within UK is OK - or it is when the posties aren't on strike.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery