Thread: Airsporter????

Airsporter????

Could someone help,
    I have had an Airsporter come into my possession, I need to know the age and model , serial No is G 106723, I have ordered a Hillers guide through Amazon but wont be here for a while and I want to start work on doing it up.

Thanks for your help

Dave

G prefix means Airsporter mk1. Produced between 1948-1954.

HTH

If it is a Mk1 its in good condition doesnt look that old has plastic open sights (broken though)

Thanks

Dave

hello dave

are you sure that there isn't another letter such as GL?, gl would be a mk6 and would have a plastic sight, a mk1 would (from memory) have an all steel backsight that sits in a dovetail cutout.

regards, john

ps, a pic or linbk to a pic will definately tell whether it's an early or late one

according to hiller, the mk4 in .22 cal had the prefix GI (1969-'71)and had the longer type of rearsight (which has plastic as part of it)

so it could be a mk4, .22 with serial # GI 06723

john
    EDIT- also, the mk1 has a three piece stock which can clearly be seen with a rounded joint on both sides above the trigger (roughly), also, the mk1 tap opens upon cocking the gun, if it doesn't, it aint a mk1.

Will try and do some pics later, it does have scope dove-tails in cylinder and serial No is viewable by pulling down underlever, definatly a 1 peice stock with no groves in and a rubber recoil pad.

The serial no reads G I/1 (apppears as just a vertical line ) then 06723 these numbers are closer together than the G/I mark.

Fore sight is all plastic and the rear sight, there is a hole drilled for the elevation screw to sit in.

Thanks for the help

David

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post
    Will try and do some pics later, it does have scope dove-tails in cylinder and serial No is viewable by pulling down underlever, definatly a 1 peice stock with no groves in and a rubber recoil pad.

The serial no reads G I/1 (apppears as just a vertical line ) then 06723 these numbers are closer together than the G/I mark.

Fore sight is all plastic and the rear sight, there is a hole drilled for the elevation screw to sit in.

Thanks for the help

David
    definitely sounds like a mk4 from between '69/'71

john

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post

Thanks for the help

David
    If it has a scope rail, then it's not a mk1. As said above, if the 1 is actually an 'I' then a mk4.