Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
Not that I have any of these, but someone showed me their Anschutz LG380 (I think) and it has to be the ultimate development of the spring powered thing.

Wot you lot think?
That was my LG380 you fired bud and I'm pretty sure you had a go with a 220 as well.

Most match springer buffs seem to think the LG380 was the pinnacle of spring match guns, coming as it did right at the end of their development just before the SSPs took over for the next decade. But the FWB300 series is often said to be the most impressive all-rounder and slightly better finished than the LG380, which has more plastic.

Personally I love the LG380. Its balance is so good it feel lighter than it is and its compact size just makes it feel right in the shoulder.

The historical anomaly in this subject (if that's the right word?) is that Walther already had a highly successful SSP on the market, the LGR, for several years before the final Anschutz springer was even launched. So Walther were ahead of the times and Anschutz behind them and although an LG380 was used to win the women's 10m gold in the 1984 olympics, the recoilless springers had already been out-designed in the previous decade.