Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.S.A. One in One Thousand

B.S.A. One in One Thousand

If anyone is interested in one of these its on www.gunauction.co.uk.
    I did place a bid but as the punter has not got back to me I suspect I cannot afford it .

It should also have a target holder, targets, pellets and oil.

I think they were around the £250 when new. It will be interesting to see what it sells for.
    About 15% were in .177.

ATB
    Ray.

Plus a scope and mounts if I remember correctly.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

BSA Centenary

Hello ,

The BSA Centenary should come with everything.
    Sling , scope and scope lens covers , mounts , badge and a certificate.

These are mine , I have had them a long time . Apparently they now fetch about £550 - £600 with all the bits and bobs.

Regards ,

Sam99

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/P4210013.jpg

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.

BSA One in a thousand

The complete kit also contained an embroirded badge and a very nice sling with QR catches. It came with a dedicated gun bag also. I do not know the original price as it was a Christmas present from my wife!!!

Judging by how far down the list this is, I would think it's been on offer for quite some time.
    BSA Centenaries don't seem to be much in demand, and any that have been offered over the past few years, seem to fetch around the £450 figure, if they sell at all.
    The .177 version commands a premium as there were only 261 produced in this calibre compared with 739 in .22., but I have rarely seen a .177 offered for sale.
    I have No:2, which was the first .22 sold, but it took me a while to get a .177 version as well, both in unused, as sold condition.
    They were originally offered for sale in 1982 at around £235.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 13-08-2007 at 09:12 PM.

When I was a young lad, I can remember these Bsa Centenary kits being discounted down for a while, in the airgun mags, to about to the price of the Airsporter S, .
    They would have just been old stock for the gunshop, I suppose at the time.
    Was offered a factory fresh, unfired one, with all accessories that had never been assembled for £500.00 about 18 months ago. The collector that was selling it, a very honest and decent chap, had bought two together in this condition, so I suppose he would have paid less for the two.
    Though he is very canny and a diligent searcher out of things !

Regards Morgan

I have bought myself the One in One Thousand. Price a little less than TroubledShooters figure. I just hope now it gets here in one piece and the *!£$%% Scottish Politburo allows me to keep it.

One of a thousand

Hi David you got a good deal
    I sold my mint BSA Centenary with all the bits for £600.00
    that was over 2 years ago if I had it now, I would find it difficult to part with it for less than £650.00 of course that is me I do find it difficult to sell my guns so the price has to overcome sentimentality as well
    ATB
    abewilson

'The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens '

Nice one David.
    Hope it lives up to expectations, and, as you say, arrives in one piece.
    You did well to get it for less than £450.
    It seems there is not a very active market in the UK for limited edition commemorative air rifles and Pistols.
    Even the 1998 HW77LE, of which only 165 were produced, took a while to move off the shelves, and that had a very nice natural coloured laminate stock.

One in a Thousand

Just look at the Original 45 commemorative that was in the discount places for ages in the early eighties. I also remember the BSA being heavily discounted and one was a readers prize in the Airgun World Annual of 1983. I wonder where that one is now. I think AGW listed the serial no of the prize, I'll have a look tonight..

The One in One Thousand arrived today and I am highly chuffed with it. Its not mint but near enough for a rough old fellow like me.
    Now the next bit - I need a Target Holder,Targets, Pellets & Oil of the correct vintage to complete the set. All the other bits & pieces are there. Any of these things available I would appreciate hearing about. Will also put an Ad in the Wanted Section.

Couldn't J. Knibbs provide these parts/spares?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks for that I.J. - I never thought of Grumpy John Knibbs.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The One in One Thousand arrived today and I am highly chuffed with it. Its not mint but near enough for a rough old fellow like me.
    Now the next bit - I need a Target Holder,Targets, Pellets & Oil of the correct vintage to complete the set. All the other bits & pieces are there. Any of these things available I would appreciate hearing about. Will also put an Ad in the Wanted Section.
    I might have what you are looking for, will have a look tomorrow and let you know.